• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

autumnsanimals

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello all!

I have recently really taken a great interest to bearded dragons. I have never actually owned a reptile of ANY kind before but I am interested in trying to learn all I can. BD’s seem like such loving and interesting animals and I find them so intriguing!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Hi! Yes, bearded dragons are pretty amazing out of all the reptiles/amphibians I have, they are the most personable ones that can be handled. They are considered beginner reptiles but I don't think that anything is really a beginner. They take a lot of your time and money. The most expensive part is the initial set up but then you have to make sure you have funds to cover emergencies, a burnt out bulb, a vet visit. If you get a baby, you need LOTS of bugs on hand. I tend to buy bulbs and stuff when someone is having a great sale, so I stock up and have them on hand if I need them. You can learn to raise your own feeder bugs and you can grow your own greens to save a little money. Just remember though that bearded dragons are one of the only reptiles that seem to crave your attention. They are solitary animals and shouldn't be housed together, but they love human interaction and want to be out of their tank as much as possible.

autumnsanimals

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi! Yes, bearded dragons are pretty amazing out of all the reptiles/amphibians I have, they are the most personable ones that can be handled. They are considered beginner reptiles but I don't think that anything is really a beginner. They take a lot of your time and money. The most expensive part is the initial set up but then you have to make sure you have funds to cover emergencies, a burnt out bulb, a vet visit. If you get a baby, you need LOTS of bugs on hand. I tend to buy bulbs and stuff when someone is having a great sale, so I stock up and have them on hand if I need them. You can learn to raise your own feeder bugs and you can grow your own greens to save a little money. Just remember though that bearded dragons are one of the only reptiles that seem to crave your attention. They are solitary animals and shouldn't be housed together, but they love human interaction and want to be out of their tank as much as possible.

Thank you SO much for such a through response! I definitely want to do a LOT of research and saving before bringing one ho,e because I like to be very prepared. I actually researched proper hamster care for a year before bringing my baby ho,e but thank you so much for the tips. I definitely am really drawn to animals I can interact with!