• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New here with my new pet..

jordennick

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello, I am new here. Need more information about beardies. look at my pet please.
bearded dragon.jpg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello, I am new here. Need more information about beardies. look at my pet please.
View attachment 31786
Welcome to the forum -- from the pic I would recommend getting him off the sand and getting him some textured NON adhesive shelf liner - cut to the size of your tank insects cannot get underneath easy to clean w/ vinegar/ water 50/50 - sand harbors bacteria and can cause impaction - the hammock I would recommend getting him a fleece or cloth one - these and the mesh type (green) can cause injury to the nails by getting them snagged on the rope etc and then the arm swells up or the nails end up coming off etc -- if you need help w/ the lighting please ask - we do not recommend coils for UVB colored bulbs off white or yellowish bulbs for basking as well heat emitters - the dragon needs a long tube fixture like a Zoo Med 24" for a 40 + gallon tank or a Arcadia Pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb - these seem to be the best on the market at this time - if you need more help w/ diet etc or help w/ the UVB please ask --- happy to assist