• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New enclosure

Minerva

Hatchling Dragon
Tell me what you guys think.. and what I should add or remove? :) And btw since they don't have much reviews that I've seen.. I got my tank from dragons4you and it's awesome! And substrate, I got from thebiodude, pretty great products as well! Thanks in advance
b88d2c05c1f0335a5c94079cc143c0f1.jpg
d6acf17977f93d82e9e52c344801e193.jpg
f3478fd36c2af5f13c9a7ec9e148b373.jpg
2d281502847eb420dbbe8b7b9c0ca64a.jpg
a22b7047ecad6f43bdaa4bea061a6c8e.jpg
bd832abe5b3199284095cac0e5452698.jpg
e6cc650408e17790866c9b76c03cee53.jpg
8c6fd31012de761758060788ae4a2a46.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Has your dragon been to a vet for a checkup? Bio tanks are nice but if you have a dragon that has parasites, it's going to be very hard to get rid of them because you can't keep a bio tank sanitary to help get rid of the parasites. Also, watch very closely, make sure your dragon doesn't eat any loose particles in the tank. Make sure your dragon stays hydrated.

One thing I want to point out about dirt in the tank is your dragon is going to be always dirty. Dirt is going to stick into it's pores, its nose. If you like to take your dragon out and hold it a lot or if you like to let it run around the house, there is going to be dirt on everything.

I have my boy in a half dirt tank. He loves digging and glass dancing and I thought this would give him something to do. For the first month he was real calm and I thought it was a great idea but now he's back to glass dancing so it really hasn't helped. He is coated in dirt all the time, even though I brush him off with a brush every day.

Minerva

Hatchling Dragon
Has your dragon been to a vet for a checkup? Bio tanks are nice but if you have a dragon that has parasites, it's going to be very hard to get rid of them because you can't keep a bio tank sanitary to help get rid of the parasites. Also, watch very closely, make sure your dragon doesn't eat any loose particles in the tank. Make sure your dragon stays hydrated.

One thing I want to point out about dirt in the tank is your dragon is going to be always dirty. Dirt is going to stick into it's pores, its nose. If you like to take your dragon out and hold it a lot or if you like to let it run around the house, there is going to be dirt on everything.

I have my boy in a half dirt tank. He loves digging and glass dancing and I thought this would give him something to do. For the first month he was real calm and I thought it was a great idea but now he's back to glass dancing so it really hasn't helped. He is coated in dirt all the time, even though I brush him off with a brush every day.
No btw she hasn't, she's been checked by our local mom and pop exotic animal shop owners (20 plus years of experience with beardies) .. we plan on taking her soon though... And as for parasites, I don't think she may have any. At least I hope not, she eats and poops very well.

Minerva

Hatchling Dragon
No btw she hasn't, she's been checked by our local mom and pop exotic animal shop owners (20 plus years of experience with beardies) .. we plan on taking her soon though... And as for parasites, I don't think she may have any. At least I hope not, she eats and poops very well.

And yes! I bathe her to make sure she's hydrated and yup! I remember your tip from o believe last year about the soft tooth brush! I do that as well ! Thank you for your info and tips !! :)))

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I would do the vet visit. When I brought my girl Dolly home, she was a beast. She ate like it was going out of style and she pooped and acted normal but when we did the fecal exam she had pinworms. Which was why she was eating so much, she wasn't benefiting from what she was eating because it was all going to the pinworms.

There's a great book by Arcadia about doing bio for reptiles. It touches on why bio is good and the situations where it just isn't feasible.

Minerva

Hatchling Dragon
I would do the vet visit. When I brought my girl Dolly home, she was a beast. She ate like it was going out of style and she pooped and acted normal but when we did the fecal exam she had pinworms. Which was why she was eating so much, she wasn't benefiting from what she was eating because it was all going to the pinworms.

There's a great book by Arcadia about doing bio for reptiles. It touches on why bio is good and the situations where it just isn't feasible.
I'll definitely get on that... And thanks I'll check the book out :)