• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New enclosure setup help!!

Alyssa0405

Bearded Dragon Egg
i purchased the reptihabitat 20 gal start up kit. I have had my bearded dragon for 2 days now and he has only ate 4 crickets today. I don’t know if the lights and the whole set up is right or if I need something else. I also have noticed that the humidity has been 10 to 20 percent

Ryan Mead

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey Alyssa, just a note on the humidity. Bearded dragons like the humidity to be between 35 and 40 percent. The way i get my humidity up is by spraying the logs i have in my enclosure. the logs hold moisture quite well so if you have them available I would do that. I know Petco also has moss you can put in the tank, which essentially is like a wet sponge, and that raises the humidity. Also, do you have a basking lamp? Bearded dragons need to bask, it’s basically their source of heat. Be sure to maintain the temperatures in the tank. Your bearded dragon should have a warm side and a cool side. the basking side (the one that has the basking lamp) should be between high 80s and low 90s. the cooler side can be anywhere between 80 and 90. I hope this could help you!

Ryan Mead

Bearded Dragon Egg
Is there a way you could attach some images of your set up? That might help a little more to see if it’s all good for your beardie.

Maveryck99

Bearded Dragon Egg
Your ok for your humidity --- its when it gets to 70 or higher --- if it does you can get a dehumidifier for the room - but I wouldnt worry to much about it - does it drop lower during the day when the lights are on?
kaylyn

Its higher at night when the heat is off-70-80 then during the day with heat on it drops around 60.