• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New enclosure, New bearded dragon & Owner.

Bresdon perez

Bearded Dragon Egg
I put together a little terrarium for my bearded dragon. My only concern is that the light is to close, 100w basking light I’d say the bulb itself is about 5-6in away from the highest spot. Thought it might be a little to hot but he seems to like it just fine. Thoughts?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 101

Janelle

Juvenile Dragon
The main thing is the temperature of the basking spot. It's best measured with a temp gun. If you don't have one, you can get one for like $15 on Amazon. And they're a lot of fun to play with. :) Do you have a UVB light?

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
is that a bioactive substrate? it is like, several inches thick (I think your tank is a bit small to go bio-active). If you had a non particulate substrate like tiles or reptile carpet your light would be further away from the basking spot. Having real plants which need lots of water, can hike up the humidity in an enclosure, sometimes above what is good for a dragon. They are prone to respiratory disorders.
Also, you have a 100w basking bulb, but I cant see any UV light in that picture. Unless you have a mercury vapour bulb in there, you really need one.