• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Dragon Mom Here, Question About Urate

Marilynntatiana

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi everyone. I got my beardie not even a week ago, it’s been a rough week. I can’t get him/her to eat all that well like any stubborn child, it just refuses. I know it’s probably just adapting. I’ve been making sure to keep it hydrated but it just peep and it was completely liquid (runny) not what I’ve Google or seen about beardies peep how it’s supposed to be chalky or more of a solid form. Just straight liquid. Should I be concerned?

Attachments

• C63CE948-5E51-443D-BDBF-C70ACE09C71E.jpeg
    C63CE948-5E51-443D-BDBF-C70ACE09C71E.jpeg
    931.1 KB · Views: 7

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hello, bearded dragon poop should not be liquidy, it should be more of a solid, brown and white in color. How much have you gotten him to eat? Sometimes bearded dragons can be very stubborn when you first bring them home. I would not suggest holding him/her until he/she has started eating. Another reason a bearded dragon would refuse to eat is because of the husbandry. So I would make sure that all of your husbandry is good( including UVB lights) and if you have any questions feel free to ask!

Marilynntatiana

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello, bearded dragon poop should not be liquidy, it should be more of a solid, brown and white in color. How much have you gotten him to eat? Sometimes bearded dragons can be very stubborn when you first bring them home. I would not suggest holding him/her until he/she has started eating. Another reason a bearded dragon would refuse to eat is because of the husbandry. So I would make sure that all of your husbandry is good( including UVB lights) and if you have any questions feel free to ask!

Hi there, thank you for responding. Looks like my phone changed pee to peep lol or maybe the forum did. Not sure. But I mean the urine. His poop Isn’t runny, but his urine is. I’ve read it’s supposed to be solid and chalk like. Should I be worried. Thank you so much for responding.

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hi there, thank you for responding. Looks like my phone changed pee to peep lol or maybe the forum did. Not sure. But I mean the urine. His poop Isn’t runny, but his urine is. I’ve read it’s supposed to be solid and chalk like. Should I be worried. Thank you so much for responding.
Yes, same thing that I said before applies. The white part of the poop is the pee and the brown part is the poop.

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hi everyone. I got my beardie not even a week ago, it’s been a rough week. I can’t get him/her to eat all that well like any stubborn child, it just refuses. I know it’s probably just adapting. I’ve been making sure to keep it hydrated but it just peep and it was completely liquid (runny) not what I’ve Google or seen about beardies peep how it’s supposed to be chalky or more of a solid form. Just straight liquid. Should I be concerned?
I read somewhere (sorry don't remember where) that sometimes stress can cause runny pees/poos as can parasites. Other reasons were listed, but I can't recollect them. lol Old brain. Agree with Silver, let him/her adjust and get used to you and his surroundings before holding him a lot. Hopefully, once he/she has adjusted and is eating regularly, his/her urate will normalize. If it doesn't, agree with Silver that you should check your husbandry. If all else fails you might want your vet to check for parasites or infection.