• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Dragaon Mother

Dragonteacher22

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi All,
I am new to reptiles and Bearded dragons especially. My dragon is about 8-12 weeks old according the Petsmart. He started out eating 7-8 crickets per day however recently he dropped to about 4 per day. He is still pooping every morning and he has had two baths already. I think he is beginning to shed his head looks a bit dull. He runs around the tank to catch the crickets and spends most of his time on his basking rock. Last night he fell asleep on my hand and did not want to go back into the tank. IS this normal Beardy behavior at such a young age? Any info or advice will help. Thanks

Dragonteacher22

Bearded Dragon Egg
IMG_8023.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8023.jpg
    IMG_8023.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 3

mamaof2dragons

Juvenile Dragon
when my Stryker little she ran around like a crazy dragon eating all her crickets, making a mess in greens then when out of her viv she would explore and eventually come back to me and curl up and fall asleep. what your describing is normal for dragons.

Dragonteacher22

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you so much for responding. My little ones name is Sherlock because he is so interested in everything around him. He is in a classroom during the week and then comes home over the weekends. He has really taken to the kids and enjoys the attention. I never really expected a beardy to have so much of a personality. He is currently exploring my keyboard as i type.

Selena Walters

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey dragon teacher, I just wanted to give you a heads up that if you haven’t already done so be sure to take your new bearded dragon to the vet. Reptiles need to see the doctor too :) also you may want to get it de wormed. I got my beardie from petsmart as well and found out mine had them and I think it’s because it got them from it’s cage mates. While it’s not a big deal it is just best to take care of. And I the vet will only charge you $8-9 for it.

Dragonteacher22

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks for the info. He currently has two tanks, one at school and one as home as he travels with me on the weekends. How long do you think I can keep him in a 20 gallon tank before I need to upgrade him? He has started to shed on his head, mouth and tail. And he refuses veggies at all right now although I have read this is normal as well.

Dragonteacher22

Bearded Dragon Egg
So I went to the vet turns out he is only just turning around 8 weeks old and was sold to me way to early. He is eating about 15 crickets a day now. I have also stopped transporting him back and forth until he is older. He is currently in a 40 gallon tank with a inside UVB buld that runs the lengty of the tank. He has a basking light that reaches temps of 95-100 degrees during the day. At night I leave a CHE on to keep the tank above 65. I dust crickets 5 days a week and he always has greens in his tank, although he does not eat them much at all. He poops once per day usually in the morning and he does not take any crickets usually until noon. I am ordering some roaches today to see if he likes those better. He has a great personality and has fallen asleep with me almost every night then I place him in his tank. Any other suggestions would be helpful!!!