• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New beardy Mama

Danika

Bearded Dragon Egg
So my 16 yr old got a beardy from Christmas, I did quite a bit of research so I hope I started her right. It's a 36"L x 18W x 12"H glass tank. We mounted a linear 24" light inside the tank, chose a T5HO 5.0 bulb as I was concerned the 10.0 would be too much. For basking we used a regular 100w incandescent bulb, have a digital probe at either end, reading 24(75) and 35 (95). We've been feeding cabbage and carrots as well as about 10/20 crickets a day. She's about 2 months old. We dust the crickets before feeding. We only got her yesterday and haven't disturbed her other than to feed. She seems happy, yesterday investigating her tank thoroughly, today, mostly chilling in the hammock. She loves the stone, as it gets nice and warm. I made sure to touch it to be sure it wasn't getting too hot. Am I missing anything? Any advice is greatly appreciated.
20200111_102908.jpg

Danika

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you for the info. She's actually done quite a number on her veggies, we've had to refill it twice already. The light has a reflector on it, I just set it so it's slightly angled inward as opposed to straight down as its mounted on the back glass. I'll move the stone out of range of the basking light. I've been touching it frequently and it's quite warm but not unpleasant. She loves her hammock. We are rural and it's very cold so not sure if shipping live critters is an option but I'll check the pet food stores next time we are in the city. Thank you for all the links, I've got me some reading to do, lol.

Latest posts