• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New beardie

Beardie.ali

Bearded Dragon Egg
hey guys,

I have a new beardie who’s about 5-6 months old. I got her 4 days ago. On the 1st day, she was eating well, really responsive to the superworms and greens I gave her. She was running about and overall looked really active.

However, she didn’t eat much on the 2nd day till today (the 4th day). She did eat some greens and 3-4 superworms on the 3rd day. She’s been pretty stationary, doesn’t move about and her eyes are closed most of the time. This morning, I actually found her digging and trying to bury herself under the repticarpet. She does poop everyday tho so that hasn't changed.

(I live in a tropical climate and the room temperature is about 30 degrees celcius / 86 degrees Fahrenheit Everyday. The tank she’s in stays at a constant 39 degrees celcius / 102 Fahrenheit with a 38% - 43% humidity. The tank measurements are at 100cm x 40cm x 40cm / 39.3” x 15.7” x 15.7”. The length between the UVB bulbs & heating to the base of the tank is about 6-7”.)

I’m just worried about her because she isn’t responsive to the food & isn’t active (pretty much eyes closed all day). Anyone experienced anything like this? Or is there any reason in particular on why she’s like this?

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hello, and welcome to the form! What is the temperature on her cool side, warm side, and basking spot? Also I would suggest feeding other things then superworms since they can cause impaction in that young of a dragon. I would also suggest trying to lower the humidity in the tank so that it doesn't get too high.

MerithD

Bearded Dragon Egg
hey guys,

I have a new beardie who’s about 5-6 months old. I got her 4 days ago. On the 1st day, she was eating well, really responsive to the superworms and greens I gave her. She was running about and overall looked really active.

However, she didn’t eat much on the 2nd day till today (the 4th day). She did eat some greens and 3-4 superworms on the 3rd day. She’s been pretty stationary, doesn’t move about and her eyes are closed most of the time. This morning, I actually found her digging and trying to bury herself under the repticarpet. She does poop everyday tho so that hasn't changed.

(I live in a tropical climate and the room temperature is about 30 degrees celcius / 86 degrees Fahrenheit Everyday. The tank she’s in stays at a constant 39 degrees celcius / 102 Fahrenheit with a 38% - 43% humidity. The tank measurements are at 100cm x 40cm x 40cm / 39.3” x 15.7” x 15.7”. The length between the UVB bulbs & heating to the base of the tank is about 6-7”.)

I’m just worried about her because she isn’t responsive to the food & isn’t active (pretty much eyes closed all day). Anyone experienced anything like this? Or is there any reason in particular on why she’s like this?
It sounds like she is adjusting to her new home. If you have the heat and lighting correct one possibility is that she is getting ready to shed. Was baths for 10 minutes a day.may help. Congratulations on your new beardie!