• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New beardie owner needs help!

Shelley Vance

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey everyone, im a new beardie owner. I purchased him from petsmart. He is VERY small, and im worried he isnt eating enough crickets. Im reading everywhere he should be eating 30 to 60 a day, hes only eating about 10 tops! I cant get him to eat more than one at each feeding. He has been shedding a little, so im not sure if thats why. Ive been weighing him the last 3 days weighing in at 6.9 grams, 7.1, then 7.2 today.
I just ordered baby dubia roaches for him to see if that helps. idk what else to do. I have everything in his viv as it should be temp wise. And he does he collards from my hands. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 20181116_151503.jpg
    20181116_151503.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 45

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum and to beardies! Cute little one you got there. When did you bring him home? They can go through a period of time that we call relocation stress where they take a bit of time to get used to their new home.. This can last anywhere from days to several weeks.. As long as he is eating, pooping and basking I wouldn't worry.. He looks healthy.
You say your temps are as they should be but what are your temp zones at? what type of UVB lighting do you have and is it overlapping with your basking bulb? As that is needed for the digestion process.