• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New beardie owner here!

hellonwheelz3

Bearded Dragon Egg
I just got my first BD boy Edgar yesterday. He appears to be about 2 months old. (I haven’t measured him yet). He does like to be fed mealworms via tongs lol. Still have a LOT to learn. He’s currently in a 40 gallon terrarium until he gets older then we’ll upgrade. Looking to learn and grow more! Here’s a pic

Attachments

• 6103C7AB-5CA4-4D03-85AC-31ECD0B9AA8E.jpeg
    6103C7AB-5CA4-4D03-85AC-31ECD0B9AA8E.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I just got my first BD boy Edgar yesterday. He appears to be about 2 months old. (I haven’t measured him yet). He does like to be fed mealworms via tongs lol. Still have a LOT to learn. He’s currently in a 40 gallon terrarium until he gets older then we’ll upgrade. Looking to learn and grow more! Here’s a pic
Welcome they are adorable----- please no more meal worms -- they are to harsh on babies stomachs - the exoskeleton on them can cause impaction - he should be eating 20 -25 crickets per feeding at this age he needs fed 3 times per day -- along w/ salads first thing in the morning -- the insects need to be dusted ONCE per feeding w/ calcium D3 5 x per week - vitamins w/ beta carotene dusted ONCE per feeding 2 x per week --- if you bought a "kit" from the store there are things in there that are NO good ---- one is the coil UVB and any colored lights --- the coils do not give adequate UVB and if its a 13 watt thats even worse --- you need a long tube 24" fixture for your 40 gallon tank some of the best are the Zoo Med w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb or a 24" Arcadia Pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb --- there are websites you can order from if your pet stores do not have them and most do not --- Pet Smart just started carrying the Arcadia but they are in high demand so if they have them in stock that is good -- basking temps should be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer like a Zoo Med --surface basking temps should be 105-110 and a solid bright white basking bulb should be used like a Flukers Exo Terra Intense or a Zoo Med Repti basking bulb --- NO daytime bulbs or colored bulbs at all -- they will and can cause eye issues including blindness --- if you need more help w/ anything please ask and we can get your tank set up so your dragon can thrive
He will go thru relocation stress so hes eating will be off until he acclimate to his tank and surroundings but you want the lighting and the surface basking temps spot on so please ask and I will help -- the things I mentioned control the overall health and behavior of your dragon