• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

RhaegarTheDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello all! I am a new bearded dragon owner to a bearded dragon, Rhaegar, who is about 4-5 years old. I have had him for about a month now, and I have a couple of questions and concerns about him. To start, he refuses to eat anything but wax worms. On a rare occasion, he will eat roach if offered, or dandelion greens if served with a wax worm, but other than that nothing. I am aware he should be eating much more and would love any tips on getting him to eat a more varied diet without the risk of him becoming underweight (he is already on the skinny side). I also am concerned about him not moving much. He will stay on his basking rock for days at a time and wnt move to the lower part of the cage unless I move him to clean it. Is this due to him having low energy from his picky eating or something else? He is very alert otherwise., and the cage temperature is at the recommended degrees.
Thanks so much in advance!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello all! I am a new bearded dragon owner to a bearded dragon, Rhaegar, who is about 4-5 years old. I have had him for about a month now, and I have a couple of questions and concerns about him. To start, he refuses to eat anything but wax worms. On a rare occasion, he will eat roach if offered, or dandelion greens if served with a wax worm, but other than that nothing. I am aware he should be eating much more and would love any tips on getting him to eat a more varied diet without the risk of him becoming underweight (he is already on the skinny side). I also am concerned about him not moving much. He will stay on his basking rock for days at a time and wnt move to the lower part of the cage unless I move him to clean it. Is this due to him having low energy from his picky eating or something else? He is very alert otherwise., and the cage temperature is at the recommended degrees.
Thanks so much in advance!
Some thing is off in the tank --- please go over the UVB your using coil or a long tube fixture- surface basking temps what are they are how are you taking them? Stick ons are inaccurate you want digital probe thermometers-- your dragon is going thru relocation stress so his appetite will be off but bad lighting and temps in the tank also play a huge role in the behavior and health of your dragon--- please NO more wax worms -- they are too fatty and can cause liver damage --- so we will start w/ the UVB and his surface basking temps once we get those figured out we can work on getting his diet better but he wont eat w/ out these things being correct