• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Bearded Dragon owner, need advice

Kasper John

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello, this afternoon we brought home our new bearded dragon, Feng. He started shedding right away, and is showing typical behavior for a beardie that just moved, but just want some advice on changes I should make to his tank (pic included), and other advice in general, thank you!

Attachments

• 20180901_204034.jpg
    20180901_204034.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 88

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello, this afternoon we brought home our new bearded dragon, Feng. He started shedding right away, and is showing typical behavior for a beardie that just moved, but just want some advice on changes I should make to his tank (pic included), and other advice in general, thank you!
Welcome to the forum glad to have you here.. Your tank looks good, what I would change is if the "tub" water set up can be removed as if it's for bathing or drinking they don't typically recognize standing water and so it will just raise your tank humidity levels.. Also I would move your temp probe down to where your beardie is so that you get a more accurate reading.. The stick on dials are not very accurate as they measure the glass. So if you don't have one buy a IR temp gun to get your temps as they are very accurate.

Kasper John

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you for the advice. We recently changed the "tub" to a smaller one because crickets would get behind it and he couldn't get them. We moved the temp probe down for a more accurate reading. His temps are normally 82° in his cooler area and 97° in his basking area.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Just make sure the actual basking spot is 107-110 degrees. You'll have to somehow stick the probe right on the spot to get the measurement. That's why temp guns are so good, the can measure the temps anywhere at anytime.