• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New bearded baby on Friday! Does this look okay?

Mirandasue

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello! I am 100% new to owning bearded dragons! I will be getting my baby bearded on friday! Any tips or anything would be very much appreciated! I have also attached photos of the setup I have for my new baby! (I plan to get a larger tank in the near future)

Thank you!!

Attachments

• 20200519_095127.jpg
    20200519_095127.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 56
  • 20200519_095209.jpg
    20200519_095209.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 56
  • 20200519_095214.jpg
    20200519_095214.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 52

N W

Juvenile Dragon
Congrats! Especially for getting your setup done first. :)
I'm still new to this myself, so I don't feel comfortable giving advice, but I will point you to a site I like a lot because it contains research based info instead of a bunch of opinions that can be hard to make sense of!
reptifiles.com

HTH!

Mirandasue

Bearded Dragon Egg
Congrats! Especially for getting your setup done first. :)
I'm still new to this myself, so I don't feel comfortable giving advice, but I will point you to a site I like a lot because it contains research based info instead of a bunch of opinions that can be hard to make sense of!
reptifiles.com

HTH!
Thank for the site! I will make sure to read through it! I wanted to get the set up done so I could test all the lighting and temps before I picked him up!

Rexy

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello! I am 100% new to owning bearded dragons! I will be getting my baby bearded on friday! Any tips or anything would be very much appreciated! I have also attached photos of the setup I have for my new baby! (I plan to get a larger tank in the near future)

Thank you!!

Thank you!!
Hi there! Your set up looks very nice! We just set up our habitat very similarly (will be getting our beardie in the next couple of weeks). I’m curious to hear how your experience has been so far!!

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
The set up looks awesome and your beardie is going to love it! I would though get an infrared thermometer, the stick ons are inaccurate and the actual temperature of that branch is probably around 120-130. Another thing is if that tube light is 5.0 UVB change it to 10.0 UVB, the 5.0 doesn't emit enough UVB for bearded dragons so it may make him stressed out a little bit. Besides that you nailed it on the ball, I also suggest that the next tank you get is the one he's going to have when he's an adult and just modify it for him, like a couple extra hides, a little bit lower to the ground, they also love hammocks, mine spends post of the day basking his his lol. Hope I was able to help :)

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Your tank is going to be ok for now -- dragons need floor space not height so when getting the new tank please think of floor space not height -- the UVB needs to be 12 -15 inches directly above the basking decor for a Reptisun T 5 IF THE SCREEN IS A WIDE HOLED SCREEN ---- IF ITS A FINE MESH LIKE A SCREEN DOOR IT NEEDS TO GO INSIDE THE TANK --- and like Emilia stated the bulb needs to be a 10.0 bulb not the 5.0 --- baby dragons like to jump they think they can fly so the height of the tank is going to intensify that and w/ that being said its more prone for injuries --- hammocks are ok if they are a cloth or fleece - the ones w/ the green mesh type tend to cause injuries as they get their claws in them and they get stuck --- please get a digital probe thermometer you need actual accurate basking temps and w/ the height of the tank you may have issues getting the proper temps --- I dont mean to sound harsh but you need good accurate advice so that your dragon is safe and healthy --

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Your tank is going to be ok for now -- dragons need floor space not height so when getting the new tank please think of floor space not height -- the UVB needs to be 12 -15 inches directly above the basking decor for a Reptisun T 5 IF THE SCREEN IS A WIDE HOLED SCREEN ---- IF ITS A FINE MESH LIKE A SCREEN DOOR IT NEEDS TO GO INSIDE THE TANK --- and like Emilia stated the bulb needs to be a 10.0 bulb not the 5.0 --- baby dragons like to jump they think they can fly so the height of the tank is going to intensify that and w/ that being said its more prone for injuries --- hammocks are ok if they are a cloth or fleece - the ones w/ the green mesh type tend to cause injuries as they get their claws in them and they get stuck --- please get a digital probe thermometer you need actual accurate basking temps and w/ the height of the tank you may have issues getting the proper temps --- I dont mean to sound harsh but you need good accurate advice so that your dragon is safe and healthy --
The fine holed screen distance should be 8-10 inches from basking decor -- but I would look at getting it into the tank for the 12-15 inches since the tank is so high --- sorry I should of explained that better