• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

new baby beardie

BigManJones

Bearded Dragon Egg
I just got a baby beardie and the other store gave me crickets and meal worms but i’ve heard mealworms aren’t that good for them. any other staple feeders I can use? (im scared of roaches.)

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Black soldier fly larvae (BSFL) are a great staple feeder, especially for young dragons. They're cleaner than crickets and more nutritious, and they're so high in calcium no dusting is needed. However, you'll need to buy a lot of them because they are small. You can keep them in a container such as a plastic bin or Kritter Keeper. You don't need to feed them, but doing so will make them bigger and more nutritious for beardies.

BSFL are also advertised as Phoenix Worms, CalciWorms, NutriGrubs, and ReptiWorms from certain brands.

https://grubterra.com/ is a good place to buy BSFL from.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
please NO more meal worms they can cause impaction --- dubia roaches are the best staple feeder as well as BSFL for babies -- you can also get silk worms -- if you buy in bulk they come in 50 smalls but you will need to buy food and clean containers out daily you can get them and small super worms for him from here
www.reptilianarts.com
Your baby needs salads every morning here is a website for nutrition
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
Make sure your lighting UVB and basking temps are up to par and correct --- NO coils for UVB colored bulbs for heat and NO CHE for basking temps --- you need a long tube fixture for UVB and a bright white basking bulb that keeps temps 105-110 for a baby and a digital probe thermometer to get that temp -- NO stick ons they are only good for ambient temps -- if you need more help please ask
the two MOST IMPORTANT things in that tank is the things I just mentioned