• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Penelope

Hatchling Dragon
Meet StripeSpot, our 3 month old Beardie! Early Christmas gift for my 10-year-old. Is it normal to be this obsessed with your bearded dragon, or are we just weird?

Attachments

• IMG_1657.jpeg
    IMG_1657.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 33

Broly

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Meet StripeSpot, our 3 month old Beardie! Early Christmas gift for my 10-year-old. Is it normal to be this obsessed with your bearded dragon, or are we just weird?
Super cute! We got ours recently too (for my 10 year old also) - totally obsessed, me more so than my son!

Penelope

Hatchling Dragon
Super cute! We got ours recently too (for my 10 year old also) - totally obsessed, me more so than my son!
I checked out your beardie! So adorable and what an amazing color too :) They do steal our hearts. We got ours November 22nd and he's part of the family already. Where did you get the climbing branch? I'm trying to find a good one...

Broly

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I checked out your beardie! So adorable and what an amazing color too :) They do steal our hearts. We got ours November 22nd and he's part of the family already. Where did you get the climbing branch? I'm trying to find a good one...
Thank you :) We love him very much. I was given the two large branches so I’m not sure where they came from I’m afraid!

Smithy

Hatchling Dragon
I'm definitely obsessed by the Bearded Dragons and you will develop a close bond over time. They really have ample character and each has its own unique attributes in temperament and appearance. Just like us! Please try and use plain calcium powder for reptiles, stay away from the powder or chemical D3. They should only receive the D3 ideally from direct sunlight or by UVA UVB ray lamps. 10 or a combination of a couple of 5 strength globes or tubes. Replace every 6 months ideally. They lose their potency after thus and the output of UVA drops off dramatically from the six month mark. After one year it will be useless for your Beardy. At worst, Replace the UVA UVB tubes or globes 7 to 8 months max. 3ven by this time the emissions of UVA UVB are very low.
I have been breeding these for the last 3 seasons, and kept a pup from last season. Very healthy, and strong. Thus is evident D3 in its powder form is not required at all. But obviously a calcium supplement is required. I mix in a little vitamin powder. Again, without the D3 my Dragons get plenty from sitting with me in the garden and their lights.
I hope that you all have a long and happy, joyful Christmas and New Year. Your pup looks like he has a similar Gene to my boy Ely.
16081797655018196008082649709276.jpg
16081798120263622626971438224590.jpg

Penelope

Hatchling Dragon
OMG so cute!! I got mine back in August! I remember him being so small! Oh how fast they grow up:(
Thank you!! :) Yes they grow SO fast... truly amazing! Salvatore is awesome.
I'm definitely obsessed by the Bearded Dragons and you will develop a close bond over time. They really have ample character and each has its own unique attributes in temperament and appearance. Just like us! Please try and use plain calcium powder for reptiles, stay away from the powder or chemical D3. They should only receive the D3 ideally from direct sunlight or by UVA UVB ray lamps. 10 or a combination of a couple of 5 strength globes or tubes. Replace every 6 months ideally. They lose their potency after thus and the output of UVA drops off dramatically from the six month mark. After one year it will be useless for your Beardy. At worst, Replace the UVA UVB tubes or globes 7 to 8 months max. 3ven by this time the emissions of UVA UVB are very low.
I have been breeding these for the last 3 seasons, and kept a pup from last season. Very healthy, and strong. Thus is evident D3 in its powder form is not required at all. But obviously a calcium supplement is required. I mix in a little vitamin powder. Again, without the D3 my Dragons get plenty from sitting with me in the garden and their lights.
I hope that you all have a long and happy, joyful Christmas and New Year. Your pup looks like he has a similar Gene to my boy Ely.View attachment 24713View attachment 24714
Thank you so much for the advice! I'll switch his calcium powder - at the moment it has D3 added in so getting rid of that. Also your beardies all look amazing! SO much personality in each one, it's true. You can see it in their lil faces :)

Salvatorethebeardie

Hatchling Dragon

Thank you so much for the advice! I'll switch his calcium powder - at the moment it has D3 added in so getting rid of that. Also your beardies all look amazing! SO much personality in each one, it's true. You can see it in their lil faces :)
Thankyou! StripeSpot is such a unique name and beautiful beardie!

BeardieLover<3

Juvenile Dragon
Aww so cute <3, I want a beardie sooo bad. I think for Christmas I'm getting money to buy stuff to take care of a beardie from my mom, dad and aunts and uncles :) Super excited. I love beardies so much. Penelope yours is gorgeous and Smithy CUTest babies everrr

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

Image result for D3 vitamin in baby bearded dragons

Baby bearded dragons need a daily dose of calcium and vitamin D3 to ensure proper growth and good bone development. Juveniles should be given supplements of calcium and vitamin D3 at least three to four meals per week, and adults should receive supplements at least once per week.

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
There's a lot of different supplement schedules that all seem to work. Some people do D3 once a week, some do it never, some do it once a month. There's also a lot of controversy over how often to give multivitamins. The schedule depends on what's in the supplements you use, your UVB setup, and the beardie's age and diet.

Knight98

Juvenile Dragon
Use EarthPro-A at every feed and on all food items, CalciumPro Mg at every 4th feed, a quality full-spectrum powder with D3 and A can be offered at feed 6 or 8. We then carry on with this cycle. ShedSupport can be as directed over the shedding period. InsectiGold can be offered as part of the full and varied diet at up to 60% of the total diet, depending on species

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Awww so adorable! Welcome to the forum.
IMG_1196.JPG

I got my Dexter back in June! He's growing up so fast. My husband says I treat him like a spoiled grandbaby. lolol I don't think it's weird at all. :)

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
That's hilarious!! There should be a support group for spouses of beardie owners... LOL. Dexter is fantastic I love his pose.
IKR! Bearded Dragon Anonymous (BDA). LOL

I should just leave it at he's a ham and poses for the camera like that all the time . . . but in reality that's his I'm getting ready to do my business pose. He's looking at me like, "Really!! Little privacy please!"

He assumes that position just before he leaves me a nice little present to clean up. Good news is that he does his business in the same place in the same way every time so keeping his tank clean is pretty easy.