• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Baby Beardie!

iris123

Juvenile Dragon
hey i'm getting somewhere with taming he let me hold him in his cage for 5 mins but when i tried to touch him with my finger he tried eating it i'm going to feed him horn worms but still feed him large crickets. Is it ok if i reduce his cricket intake to 10 or 12 ? p.s. i'd be feeding him horn worms very day also and also is it normal for my beardie to not eat his salad when he knocks sand into it? also is it normal for him to sleep on his basking spot and would it change if i put a fleece blanket in his cage he rarely uses his hide he did use it when he was in burmation which lasted a few mounths he was extra grumpy and sleeped in and ate less but now he's back to normal

iris123

Juvenile Dragon
Keep the hide and yes a blanket would be nice for him -- is he sleeping in his basking spot all the time ? Is he moving to other places in the tank ?
I'll keep feeding him the 12 to 20 crickets.And maybe superworms? and he does move around sometimes he sleeps in the corner. I have been feeding him just collards.

iris123

Juvenile Dragon
I'll keep feeding him the 12 to 20 crickets.And maybe superworms? and he does move around sometimes he sleeps in the corner. I have been feeding him just collards.
let me say that again when he choses where to sleep he either picks the corner on the cool side or his basking tree but usually his tree during the day he is very active and is running around in his cage and when i pass his cage sometimes he'll run into the glass at me and then go along the glass donking into it

iris123

Juvenile Dragon
Sounds good-- did you get rid of the sand--- I would not be feeding him in the tank on sand--- feed him in a tote or plastic bin
i did not yet i havde to save up money for the new floor but get this my cuszin has a 15 year old beardie that has been housed and ate on sand his whole life and he had never had problems exept now that he is old he is blind.

iris123

Juvenile Dragon
I understand but babies are different they eat everything and lick everything I would be safe than sorry the shelf liner is not that expensive and he will and you will better benefit from it ---
he'll be a year after christmus also how much money would this stuff cost at home depot