• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New baby bearded dragon won't open right eye.....

Everymanalion

Bearded Dragon Egg
So I have had an adult BD before and so I know a little about them, i got about a 7-8 week old on sale at the local pet shop and he was so cute so I had to have him, he has a lot of energy and is a runner, he has been eating a little on the lower side but I will count that up to moving stress and what not. I have had him for about 2 days now and I noticed yesterday morning he would not open his right eye much, I took him out and didnt see any gunk or anything so I took the first picture below(with it actually open) and I thought he was fine, now today he won't open his right eye AT ALL. I have him in a 20 gallon viv currently with a zoo med repti basking lamp and a reptisun 10.0 UVB about 7 inches from his highest basking point.

The first picture was yesterday on this imgur link, the second was today, should I be concerned? The pet shop bring him back and exchange him for a different one but he was fine when leaving the pet shop and nothing happened to him that I know of inbetween now and then plus I already love the little guy I picked him out especially.

Any ideas?

First picture is yesterday when he still was opening it. it is ONLY his right eye

https://imgur.com/a/qkeTseW

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Are you using a Reptisun 10.0 tube bulb or is it a coil or compact bulb?