• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New all wood enclosure :)

Reptilelady86

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hello everyone,
I finally got my new wood enclosure its 4ft x 2ft x 2ft :D Super stoked!
Any tips/comments would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 95

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Looks great! The only thing I can think of is it might need side ventilation. You'll have to see how it keeps your temps and what the humidity is like.

Reptilelady86

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks PatsyB! :)
Finally finished with the enclosure. I am really happy about it. I know most wood/melamine enclosures usually do not have screen top but mine is all custom made. So far everything is going well. Just have to play around with the heat bulb wattages and see which one is best. Also, my other temp/humidity gauges stick on glass so have to find a way to mount it on the wall. Dont really want to damage the enclosure so something that is non-destructive method. Any ideas? I do have a ZooMed IF ReptiTemp (https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/product/zoo-med-repti-temp-digital-infrared-thermometer) using that for now til i can mount the others on the wall.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (1).jpg
    FullSizeRender (1).jpg
    528.8 KB · Views: 86
  • FullSizeRender (2).jpg
    FullSizeRender (2).jpg
    638.3 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_3218.JPG
    IMG_3218.JPG
    846.2 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG-3245.JPG
    IMG-3245.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 74

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I wouldn't even stick the gauges to your tank, just use your IR temp reader or even better, get a temp gun. The analog gauges are so inaccurate. As far as monitoring humidity, you can get a humidity monitor and just set it in your tank. We use the Accurite ones, got them from Amazon for like $10. It monitors humidity and temps, I just set it in the corner on the cool side of my tank.

Reptilelady86

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I wouldn't even stick the gauges to your tank, just use your IR temp reader or even better, get a temp gun. The analog gauges are so inaccurate. As far as monitoring humidity, you can get a humidity monitor and just set it in your tank. We use the Accurite ones, got them from Amazon for like $10. It monitors humidity and temps, I just set it in the corner on the cool side of my tank.

Thank you for those tips. Sorry, it has been awhile since I have replied to this post. Do you have any recommendation on the temp gun or what do you use? I will check out the one on Amazon, $10 sounds like a good deal for one.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I don't have a recommendation on a brand of temp gun. The one I have is yellow LOL! That temp humidity sensor looks okay. I think the Accurite ones might be a few dollars cheaper.