• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Never layed eggs

iCadance

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
We have had our bearded dragon for about 3-4 years now she was about 1-2 we where told when we got her. And she has never payed any eggs is this normal? Should I be worried how can I make sure she ok? I never thought about it tell my son said something about it to me. She seems very healthy loves food doesn’t enjoy greens but has them in her tank everyday. She eat gut loaded stuff. Can soak in a water dish whenever she wants too. Would really appreciate some advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
We have had our bearded dragon for about 3-4 years now she was about 1-2 we where told when we got her. And she has never payed any eggs is this normal? Should I be worried how can I make sure she ok? I never thought about it tell my son said something about it to me. She seems very healthy loves food doesn’t enjoy greens but has them in her tank everyday. She eat gut loaded stuff. Can soak in a water dish whenever she wants too. Would really appreciate some advice

Not all females will become gravid consider yourself lucky to be honest. Always a good thing to have her vetted to make sure that she is indeed healthy and doesn't have parasites then your all good!!

iCadance

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Not all females will become gravid consider yourself lucky to be honest. Always a good thing to have her vetted to make sure that she is indeed healthy and doesn't have parasites then your all good!!
Awesome thanks for the response!!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Awesome thanks for the response!!

Your welcome! Eggs can lead to all sorts of issues like becoming egg bound, ruptured eggs causing infections, having too many clutches right after the next causing her calcium levels to become way way too low, costly and dangerous spay procedures. So just make sure she gets a clean bill of health and that she is free of eggs. Since they can have infertile eggs at any point it is important to know her health.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
My girl is 5 and she never laid eggs. Over the summer she did have a mass in her belly that we kept an eye on. The vet wasn't sure if it was an egg or something else. It never got bigger and never affected her eating or pooping or anything else so we just watched it. I actually can't feel it any more.