• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need help

Daniel Mathews

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello our Beardie is 2 years old and I was wondering if I need to keep the basking light and heat emitter on at the same time. I'm waiting for my thermastat to arrive

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum!
So I guess we need more info on your set up.. So you have a basking light, do you have a UVB light? Your heat emitter I take that is a CHE (ceramic heating element)??
So all you should need is a basking light for the heat, and a UVB strip light set so that it overlaps with the basking light. A CHE is more for the winter months when the temp falls below 65F...

Daniel Mathews

Bearded Dragon Egg
Welcome to the forum!
So I guess we need more info on your set up.. So you have a basking light, do you have a UVB light? Your heat emitter I take that is a CHE (ceramic heating element)??
So all you should need is a basking light for the heat, and a UVB strip light set so that it overlaps with the basking light. A CHE is more for the winter months when the temp falls below 65F...
Thank you. Yes I have a ceramic emitter. I just use the emitter at night with no lights.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you. Yes I have a ceramic emitter. I just use the emitter at night with no lights.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
So what is your source of heat during the day?
You should have a basking light that is overlapping with a UVB strip light and No colored lights during the day.. at night if it's colder than 65F at night then use of a CHE and no lights.