• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need help in design...

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
You have to keep in mind that dragons need more floor space. They have poor depth perception and can't really tell if they are up high or what not. That's why they just walk off tables or beds, they don't realize there is nothing at the edge. So you need a tank that is going to be at least 2x as long as your dragon and as wide and tall as your dragon is in length.

Rafal

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Oh I agree with you... with all of that taken into consideration I was just trying to get ideas of viv’s that are not just a rectangle shape... he’s in a 75 gallon now and I wouldn’t build anything smaller, but I understand what you’re saying... thank you

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I have to admit ,your last build was really good, probably the best homebuild I have seen on here. Its a shame you have to start over. If you go higher it will be a lot harder to get your temperatures balanced and light penetration wont be as good. How big of a corner space do you have to fill? If you have 3-4 ft of wall space from the corner it would still be a huge viv, just an odd shape. You could make the front hexagonal maybe instead of just flat. Im gonna be intersted to see what you come up with, keep us posted

Rafal

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Found this one... may be the route I’m going to go with... I understand bearded dragons are not the best climbers as far the depth perception goes... mine happens to climb everything and anything in his current set up, and adding 2 levels essentially would mean dual lighting and heat lamp set up... got some options to think about, but I need to move in first and see how it works out first... thanks for the ideas/comments so far

Rafal

Attachments

• 8E383FC5-116B-4942-BAB2-ABD83B15362C.jpeg
    8E383FC5-116B-4942-BAB2-ABD83B15362C.jpeg
    72.6 KB · Views: 78

Latest posts