• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need Advice

Brookelaree

Bearded Dragon Egg
So this is our first time with a bearded dragon. We've had him about 4 days. And I know I'm going to catch alot of crap for this but I need anything else I can feed Gizmo other than crickets or roaches as my daughter will literally fly into a panic attack on sight of them. To be clear she has no problem with worms, or any other animal and I am not sure why it is just those two insects. The lady we got gizzy from has 4-5 beardies of her own from baby up to 10 years old and from my own take on her a great loving beardie mom. She recommended calciworms as a staple and collard greens for veggies. I will say I think it's working great I hand feed him 6-8 worms an hour after his lights come on and leave about 6-7 worms in his dish along with veggies in a separate dish until his night time hand feeding of another 4-5 worms. Is this going to be ok. He seems to be pooping fine and is active and alert. I just want to be sure bc we love him/her so much(not sure yet how to tell sex) and am doing the best I know of and have tried to look up this answer but every single website and youtube video says something different

Please tell me if I am doing ok with him.

Side note: by his night time feeding (about an hour and a half after his lights go off) he has only 1-2 worms left in bowl and needs more veggies. So he seems to be eating alot which is good I just want to make sure it is enough! Thanks for looking!

JumpinJellyfish

Juvenile Dragon
BSFL are a very good staple, and you could also try hornworms and silkworms for variety, and butterworms and/or waxworms for occasional treats. If you're going to use BSFL (that's what calciworms and phoenix worms are), look up symtonbsf - you can get the worms in bulk at good prices. :0)

Brookelaree

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you so much for replying I feel so much better now. I also read that I shouldn't be leaving him 5-7 worms in his dish until his night time feeding like I have been bc they can be stressed out when feeder insects are left in the cage .. or is that more for crickets and other insects that will bite them and have free roam of the tank? Don't want him to be stressed at all..my little guy lol

Attachments

• received_2106003542957932.jpeg
    received_2106003542957932.jpeg
    938.1 KB · Views: 12