• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need advice fast about taking dragon to reptile meeting

littlebluepenguin

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello all,

My 17 yo son has taken an interest in bearded dragons, and I’m enjoying supporting that and being involved with it too. I really appreciate these amazing creatures.

We purchased two young dragons in the last month. The older one is 3 - 3 1/2 months old. She is beautiful- a hypo trans dunner - orange.

Anyway, we belong to a herpetological society, and members sometimes bring their pets to the reptile meetings. Mostly they stay in enclosures and after the meeting, members can share and chat, etc.

My son wants to take the dragon I described above to the meeting. He is so proud of her. But I am afraid this may not be a good idea, given the stress it may cause and time out of her enclosure, etc. It is an hour’s drive each way plus about two hours at the meeting.

Most of the time, this dragon is very easy going, but she did get skittish and spooked a time or two at home here.

What are your thoughts? Is it safe to take her? If so, what is the best way to transport and ensure she is safe at the meeting?

Please respond ASAP, as the meeting is this evening. I emailed the breeder but didn’t receive a response.

Thanks for any help!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I think she might be a little to young to bring to a meeting. Since she is new to your family I would wait until maybe next months meeting to bring her. This gives her more time to get used to your son and for your son to learn her personality a little more. At this meeting, he can ask the other members how they transport their animals.

I always wanted to join our herpetological society but the meetings are on the one day of the week that I work late, I would never make it. I do go to the meet and greets they have a the nature museum and the Reptile Fest is always a fun day!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I was just going to say that! Bring tons of photos!