• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need advice: beardie eye is closed

TmDrake

Bearded Dragon Egg
So, I’ve had Loki for several months now and she’s about 10 months old. For the past few weeks she’s been keeping her eye closed. The vet removed some shedded skin from her eye that ended up getting stuck, and it definitely looks better but she’s still keeping it closed most of the time. I’m not sure if it’s still healing from the infection and the skin being removed, or if there is some other problem that the vet missed. She is eating normally and doesn’t show any signs of pain or discomfort. There is a dark ring under just that eye (it almost looks like eyeliner). I also wiped away some weird, gel like substance from her eye today. I do bathe her regularly to help wash her eye out.

Attachments

• 13A0E6F0-10CA-4AF0-A13E-5E5A7F51417F.jpeg
    13A0E6F0-10CA-4AF0-A13E-5E5A7F51417F.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 10
  • 323CDCF1-C0BE-4E62-AA71-99EA336BA15E.jpeg
    323CDCF1-C0BE-4E62-AA71-99EA336BA15E.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 9

SmaugMommy

Bearded Dragon Egg
Sounds like she’s still got an infection, if there a gel-like substance coming out of her eye. I don’t have experience with this, but that’s my opinion.