• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Nails ! Help

Yanna

Bearded Dragon Egg
Zeus has a nail that seems weak and disform. He runs, dosen't mind it, his other nails seem ok .. although, i find it weird that the color of his nails has almost no black(does it depend on the breed ?) .... anyways should i just chop it half way ? I dont wanna hurt him or just make it worst ... is the nail dead?
20201120_165929.jpg
20201120_170028.jpg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Zeus has a nail that seems weak and disform. He runs, dosen't mind it, his other nails seem ok .. although, i find it weird that the color of his nails has almost no black(does it depend on the breed ?) .... anyways should i just chop it half way ? I dont wanna hurt him or just make it worst ... is the nail dead?View attachment 24375View attachment 24376
No do not chop it half way - - I dont trim my dragons nails as I use slated ceramic tile in the tank and it keeps them trim down -- do you take him to the vet? If you do you can have them trim the nails or you can watch this video

Yanna

Bearded Dragon Egg
No do not chop it half way - - I dont trim my dragons nails as I use slated ceramic tile in the tank and it keeps them trim down -- do you take him to the vet? If you do you can have them trim the nails or you can watch this video
Thankyou for your response! No i know u cant trim to the middle of regular nails, , is just this one nail that i don't know what to do with ... i dont know if u saw the pictures ? that one nail that is weird looking. it twists. it dosent look strong. seems in the way...

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thankyou for your response! No i know u cant trim to the middle of regular nails, , is just this one nail that i don't know what to do with ... i dont know if u saw the pictures ? that one nail that is weird looking. it twists. it dosent look strong. seems in the way...
I would watch the video and see if it can give you ideas on how to take care of that nail

Impawsible_Squad

Juvenile Dragon
If you need to trim their nails hold them as still as possible and avoid the quick (the pinkish vein) because if you cut it, they will bleed quite a lot and I bet that its painful. I think flour stops the bleeding if you accidentally cut it

Yanna

Bearded Dragon Egg
If you need to trim their nails hold them as still as possible and avoid the quick (the pinkish vein) because if you cut it, they will bleed quite a lot and I bet that its painful. I think flour stops the bleeding if you accidentally cut it
Thankyou ! Did u see the pictures the way the nail is ... there seem To be no space To cut... anything i cut i think it would bleed should i ?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I would watch the video and see if it can give you ideas on how to take care of that nail
Did you get the nails taken care of? You can put a piece of ceramic slated tile in the tank or two that will keep the nails filed down