• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My two months old is not eating insects!

Sugaarr

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi! I have a two months old bearded dragon and he'll not eat any insect, he jus have eaten mealworms once and I had to cut them in pieces. He only eats veggies and fruit, help me please!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi! I have a two months old bearded dragon and he'll not eat any insect, he jus have eaten mealworms once and I had to cut them in pieces. He only eats veggies and fruit, help me please!
Welcome~ Can you tell us some details: how long you've had him, what are your temps and what kind of UVB and heat bulbs do you have as these have a HUGE impact on how they eat.. what kind of substrate do you have in your set up? I would not offer mealworms as they are very hard for them to digest as they contain chitlin in their shell that can cause impaction..What other insects have you offered? Crickets, dubia roaches, BSFL, silkworms. Waxworms, butterworms are only treat items, hornworms are fantastic for hydration but too many will cause very runny poop. What kind of greens are you offering?