• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My newly adopted today!

BeardedDragonPauper

Hatchling Dragon
Meet Julio!
He is my new sweet 5 month old boy-
He is shedding right now.

Attachments

• 0121191837a.jpg
    0121191837a.jpg
    1,004 KB · Views: 84

BeardedDragonPauper

Hatchling Dragon
Julio is doing very well. He is sweet and trusting- still have confidence building still tho (of course). He is eating well and thriving. Just ordered my first 250 super worms and 500 crickets so kinda EXCITED
Kale, strawberries, and collard greens and blue berries have all been tasted.... Collards okay- kale yum- berries.... He has his faves...
This is do-able and fun. I am young so as my username suggests I am on a limited allowance so I have been selling homemade bread (made by me) to friends and family. Going good so far!

Fumi

Hatchling Dragon
Hello Julio! You look like a very chill guy.
May I share something my Vet told me. I trust her as she has been a bearded dragon and other exotic reptiles vet for the past 40 years! She told me the best live feed for bearded dragons were dubia roaches and silkworms. ,,,, must be dusted of course. So I have switched to those as my beardies primary live feed with treats of hornworms and sometimes super worms. I was giving him black soldier larvae but my Vet told me they are too fatty and not to use them as primary food. I guess occasionally they would be OK too. Just Sharing.

BeardedDragonPauper

Hatchling Dragon
Thank you @Fumi!! I trust your vet has told you well. I appriciate the advice. Unfortunately I havent been able to gwt ahold of any dubias in my present situation so I am doing what I can and supplementing lotttssootttss of fresh veggies and occasionally some fruits! I am using Calcium with D3 and also one with out D3 probably about 2-3 times a week intermittently. He is such a chill guy! He is nearly done shedding too. His top of head is done and his beard is done his 2 legs front and one back leg are done too. Last week he got most of his nails clipped (he got to excited for me to finish the last few back toes toes, haha) too!

Fumi

Hatchling Dragon
Thank you @Fumi!! I trust your vet has told you well. I appriciate the advice. Unfortunately I havent been able to gwt ahold of any dubias in my present situation so I am doing what I can and supplementing lotttssootttss of fresh veggies and occasionally some fruits! I am using Calcium with D3 and also one with out D3 probably about 2-3 times a week intermittently. He is such a chill guy! He is nearly done shedding too. His top of head is done and his beard is done his 2 legs front and one back leg are done too. Last week he got most of his nails clipped (he got to excited for me to finish the last few back toes toes, haha) too!
There will be many many more shedding episodes to come! What fun. Bathing help helps to soothe them. I can't get dubias locally either so I have to order them online. You are very brave to cut his nails! Vet told me not to bother because they grow back so quickly. But if I was brave I would trim them - BTW I read on this forum that it's best to use a metal nail file instead of a clipper. Have the best day ever with your little guy!

BeardedDragonPauper

Hatchling Dragon
Ha ha. Yes it was a bit nerve wracking but his OK-ness with it all was assuring. What do you all think of this set up inside his house?
1551140179915457990738.jpg

Attachments

• 1551140287841-829966875.jpg
    1551140287841-829966875.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 20

BeardedDragonPauper

Hatchling Dragon
It is an aloe plant so it requires little water very seldom and would not add hardly any humidity.
Also I am saving up to get a bigger tank so that is definitely gonna happen as soon as I can pull it off!

BeardedDragonPauper

Hatchling Dragon
It is an aloe plant so it requires little water very seldom and would not add hardly any humidity.
Also I am saving up to get a bigger tank so that is definitely gonna happen as soon as I can pull it off!