• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My dragons hiding

nat

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi my beardie the male particular has started hiding and digging why is this

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi my beardie the male particular has started hiding and digging why is this
Are you sure its a male ? Please post a pic of the vent w/ tail in the area on a hard surface like kitchen table etc

nat

Bearded Dragon Egg
IMG20230224125621.jpg
fist pic is one I'm talking about second is other one I have

Attachments

• IMG20230224125655.jpg
    IMG20230224125655.jpg
    1,013.4 KB · Views: 6

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
View attachment 33396fist pic is one I'm talking about second is other one I have
Ok possible male gonna have someone else take a look and what I was thinking for cause is too young for eggs - so let's move on - what kind of uvb-- coil or long tube fixture-- what are your surface basking temps-- how are you taking them? What size is the tank? All these could be causes for surfing and digging and hiding

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok possible male gonna have someone else take a look and what I was thinking for cause is too young for eggs - so let's move on - what kind of uvb-- coil or long tube fixture-- what are your surface basking temps-- how are you taking them? What size is the tank? All these could be causes for surfing and digging and hiding
Ok I heard back from someone who can tell better than me at this age and this is what they are thinking
Looks female but that could change as it gets a little bigger + older. Once in a while the hemipene bulges don't show that much in a smaller dragon but from that pic it looks female.
We can wait a few more months then post another pic like the one above and we can better tell then

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So are they both female?
Oh dear you have two of them? I thought they were the same dragon- please separate them-- dragons are very territorial and if they are both males they will fight till the death- males will try to breed constantly and one female will take over dominance over the other- they should not be able to see one another it will stress the out too much- your going to need two setups for these dragons- and right away--- their husbandry needs to be correct in order for them to thrive - can't tell at this time- in a few months we will be able to tell