• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My beardys keep dying

charmander 6530

Bearded Dragon Egg
I am on my 3rd baby bearded dragon the other two died within 2 weeks I have a good basking spot that doubles as a cave a 40 gallon tank 100 watt light bulb surface temp of 98-114 ambient temp of 95 with cool side of 80-85 a ceramic heater for nighttime to keep humidity down bout 30-40 percent and a zilla slimline t8 desert (removed plastic cover) the one I have now isn't eating the vet said the temp was too hot idk though cause she also said several times I have to look that up and told me to put a red light in (,at this point she didn't know I had a ceramic heater) so idk I force fed him this morning should I continue to force fed him idk what to do he is 22 grams supposed to be like 30 please help if this one dies I'm going to fell horrible and fell like I don't deserve a bearded dragon I really want one had one for a while one time died after 2 years he was like 10 though NEVER had any problems getting him to eat please help I fell horrible and don't know what to do should I continue to force fed......:(

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I am on my 3rd baby bearded dragon the other two died within 2 weeks I have a good basking spot that doubles as a cave a 40 gallon tank 100 watt light bulb surface temp of 98-114 ambient temp of 95 with cool side of 80-85 a ceramic heater for nighttime to keep humidity down bout 30-40 percent and a zilla slimline t8 desert (removed plastic cover) the one I have now isn't eating the vet said the temp was too hot idk though cause she also said several times I have to look that up and told me to put a red light in (,at this point she didn't know I had a ceramic heater) so idk I force fed him this morning should I continue to force fed him idk what to do he is 22 grams supposed to be like 30 please help if this one dies I'm going to fell horrible and fell like I don't deserve a bearded dragon I really want one had one for a while one time died after 2 years he was like 10 though NEVER had any problems getting him to eat please help I fell horrible and don't know what to do should I continue to force fed......:(
Please post a pic of the tank ---- and get rid of that red bulb---- its time to find a new vet --- dragons need one good UVB a long tube like you have we need to get the UVB properly placed for it tho --- but first have you thoroughly cleaned the tank before putting another dragon in the tank? If the other two died then its possible whatever the first one died from transferred the illness to the other one --- I am sorry your having such a time w/ the dragons but we need to make sure your not passing the cause onto the other ones --- get some F10 from ebay or amazon its a vet disinfectant and will kill everything in the tank -- or you can get some Zoo Meds Wipe Out I do recommend the F10 it is a concentrate so you will need to mix w/ water ---- take your dragon now and put him in a clear plastic tote set it up like this please --- have the UVB directly over the basking decor please get a digital probe thermometer and get a surface basking temp of 105-110 NO hotter ---- you must have this ------ w / this set up you can get the 40 gallon cleaned out and get the other on the road to recovery I am hoping ---- make sure you have those probes for getting temps -- you may not need that 100 watt bulb you may need to go to a lower wattage like a 75-- and the CHE can be used to keep him warmer at nite since hes not feeling well -- it should be around 80 during the night -- please get this set up and continue to feed him him -- what are you feeding him now? Make sure it has water in it kinda soupy so hes getting hydration -- please get a better UVB bulb change it out to a Reptisun 10.0 T 8 it is a way better bulb --

Attachments

• Hospital tank.jpg
    Hospital tank.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 11