• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

my beardy is stressed:/

kickside

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Today my toothless started acting wierd. He became super frightened I think. He flared up and for the first time I saw his beard. Lol. I tried putting him on my shoulder and he jumped off:(
Now he has stress marks on his belly. I am not sure what's going on?

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
When he jumped off, did he fall far? That can definately cause stress. When you are holding him you need to be sure he is secure. He is young, right?

kickside

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Well toothless is about six or seven months. And everywhere I put him he tried jumping. After he jumped about 65 inches from my shoulder I checked his belly and he had really dark marks. Is there any way to calm him???

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Just let him be in his tank. Let him calm down. Don't fool with him for a day or two. Just watch for injuries. The obvious ones that we would all look for in his limbs and such, but also watch his behavior and his belly for any strange changes. Chances are he is fine and just upset.