• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My beardie will not eat

Denise Keith

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello!! My name is Denise and I am new to all of this. We bought my son a bearded dragon for his 13 birthday on Saturday (Oct 14) and it is only eating maybe 2-3 crickets a day. I need help on ideas to get her to eat?? And what veggies can I feed a baby. She is only about 6 inches long so I'm guessing she is very young.

Javier

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hello!! My name is Denise and I am new to all of this. We bought my son a bearded dragon for his 13 birthday on Saturday (Oct 14) and it is only eating maybe 2-3 crickets a day. I need help on ideas to get her to eat?? And what veggies can I feed a baby. She is only about 6 inches long so I'm guessing she is very young.
Same thing happened to my little boy when I got him. It's all the stress from a new place. Took mine about a week to get the ball rolling. Continue to offer food, she will spark up in no time. Now my Rami eats me out of house and home!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Denise Keith

Bearded Dragon Egg
Same thing happened to my little boy when I got him. It's all the stress from a new place. Took mine about a week to get the ball rolling. Continue to offer food, she will spark up in no time. Now my Rami eats me out of house and home!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Ok. Thank you!!!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yep they go thru what we call a relocation stress it can take a week or so for them to settle in.. Keep the stress low so covering 3 sides of the tank, don't make many changes..Just keep offering the bugs and greens and as long as they are eating something and pooping that's good

Denise Keith

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yep they go thru what we call a relocation stress it can take a week or so for them to settle in.. Keep the stress low so covering 3 sides of the tank, don't make many changes..Just keep offering the bugs and greens and as long as they are eating something and pooping that's good
Ok. So do not hold her either??