• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My beardie not pooping

shanelee29

Bearded Dragon Egg
My Bearded dragon not pooping, so a few months ago I took my beardie to the vet due to her barley eating and not pooping at all for like a month a half,the vet told me she p most likely going through brumintation and that they don't really eat much during that time which is why she's probably not pooping so I waited another two months and she still hadn't pooped so I gave her a warm bath and she pooped so I had it sent in to be tested and the results came back with pinworms so I got her treatment for the pinworms and after I got her home she popped a little bit and her appetite for greens has improved except for insects but she's not pooping I even tried to home her a worm bath but it didn't work, I'm starting to get worried but I can't afford another vet visit

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My Bearded dragon not pooping, so a few months ago I took my beardie to the vet due to her barley eating and not pooping at all for like a month a half,the vet told me she p most likely going through brumintation and that they don't really eat much during that time which is why she's probably not pooping so I waited another two months and she still hadn't pooped so I gave her a warm bath and she pooped so I had it sent in to be tested and the results came back with pinworms so I got her treatment for the pinworms and after I got her home she popped a little bit and her appetite for greens has improved except for insects but she's not pooping I even tried to home her a worm bath but it didn't work, I'm starting to get worried but I can't afford another vet visit
First how old is the dragon? Second I need the surface basking temps and how your getting them--- NO stick ons please ---- your UVB is it a coil or a long tube fixture? If your dragon has a high count of pin worms then she should be on medication like panacur or albon or there are some others cant remember the names and the vet should of prescribed them --- if your dragon is active and eating its not brumation --- in order for digestion to start surface basking temps must be on par and the UVB--- your dragon should be eating salads or at least some depending on the age - babies up to a year the main staple is insects but you want them eating some salads --- the pooping issue can be remedied by feeding some baby food pumpkin w/ a drop of olive oil and a drop or two of honey for sweet -- but lets get the lighting fixed first and temps that is the MOST important thing in the tank

shanelee29

Bearded Dragon Egg
First how old is the dragon? Second I need the surface basking temps and how your getting them--- NO stick ons please ---- your UVB is it a coil or a long tube fixture? If your dragon has a high count of pin worms then she should be on medication like panacur or albon or there are some others cant remember the names and the vet should of prescribed them --- if your dragon is active and eating its not brumation --- in order for digestion to start surface basking temps must be on par and the UVB--- your dragon should be eating salads or at least some depending on the age - babies up to a year the main staple is insects but you want them eating some salads --- the pooping issue can be remedied by feeding some baby food pumpkin w/ a drop of olive oil and a drop or two of honey for sweet -- but lets get the lighting fixed first and temps that is the MOST important thing in the tank
I bought her from Petco a little over a year ago so she was maybe a month or two when I bought her. she's been treated once for pinworms and that's helped with the eating a little, I can't remember if I've bought a new uvb bulb since I got her and the one I'm using looks pretty old and worn. It's a 65 gallon tank. At first I had two 75 walt bulbs in and learned the temp wasn't right so I tried putting in two 100 walt bulbs when I had two 100 walt bulbs in the temp was at 105 but she was glass surfing so I thought maybe it was too hot for her so I put in a 75 walt bulb back in one of them so the temps where she like to bask the most is like 90°-95° with a 100 walt bulb and the cool side is 75°-80° with a 75 walt bulb. I'm trying to figure out what Walt bulbs I need to get

Attachments

• 20230526_193434.jpg
    20230526_193434.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I bought her from Petco a little over a year ago so she was maybe a month or two when I bought her. she's been treated once for pinworms and that's helped with the eating a little, I can't remember if I've bought a new uvb bulb since I got her and the one I'm using looks pretty old and worn. It's a 65 gallon tank. At first I had two 75 walt bulbs in and learned the temp wasn't right so I tried putting in two 100 walt bulbs when I had two 100 walt bulbs in the temp was at 105 but she was glass surfing so I thought maybe it was too hot for her so I put in a 75 walt bulb back in one of them so the temps where she like to bask the most is like 90°-95° with a 100 walt bulb and the cool side is 75°-80° with a 75 walt bulb. I'm trying to figure out what Walt bulbs I need to get
Ok so you need to get a digital probe thermometer 2 of them Petco or PetSmart carries them Zoo Med --- your basking temps 95-100 --- basking bulbs need to be a solid clear bright white bulb NO colored NO off white NO yellowish and NO Daytime bulbs -- they will be trial and error w/ wattages --- next please get rid of the coil UVB they are a health hazard and provide NO UVB in a 65 gallon tank -- I am posting 3 good UVB's please get one ASAP-
you want a 24" fixture this one comes w/ a 5.0 bulb you will need the bulb I post as well
https://www.petmountain.com/product/zoo-med-reptisun-t5-ho-high-output-terrarium-hood?variant=40651
22" https://www.petmountain.com/product/zoo-med-reptisun-t5-ho-100-uvb-high-output-bulbs?variant=40630
this one can be found at Pet Smart you want the 24 watt 12% bulb
https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/en...v-b-kit-65058.html?cgid=500114&fmethod=Browse
or this one you will need to change the bulb out to the one posted above
you want the 24" or 2 ft fixture https://hydrobuilder.com/sunblaster...mp.html?opts=eyJhdHRyaWJ1dGU5MDEiOiI2NjEwIn0=
Please post back on here and I will help you get it set up for your tank - the screen on the tank will determine where the UVB needs to be placed - as well as distanced -- please do this right away your dragon is getting sick --

jabda

Hatchling Dragon
Take her outside on a warm sunny day for max 20 minutes. She should poop within that time-frame.
I take mine out couple times a week for real UBV. Even if he pooped that day 5-10minutes he poops again. Give it a try until you get the right bulb Sadie recommended.

shanelee29

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok so you need to get a digital probe thermometer 2 of them Petco or PetSmart carries them Zoo Med --- your basking temps 95-100 --- basking bulbs need to be a solid clear bright white bulb NO colored NO off white NO yellowish and NO Daytime bulbs -- they will be trial and error w/ wattages --- next please get rid of the coil UVB they are a health hazard and provide NO UVB in a 65 gallon tank -- I am posting 3 good UVB's please get one ASAP-
you want a 24" fixture this one comes w/ a 5.0 bulb you will need the bulb I post as well
https://www.petmountain.com/product/zoo-med-reptisun-t5-ho-high-output-terrarium-hood?variant=40651
22" https://www.petmountain.com/product/zoo-med-reptisun-t5-ho-100-uvb-high-output-bulbs?variant=40630
this one can be found at Pet Smart you want the 24 watt 12% bulb
https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/en...v-b-kit-65058.html?cgid=500114&fmethod=Browse
or this one you will need to change the bulb out to the one posted above
you want the 24" or 2 ft fixture https://hydrobuilder.com/sunblaster...mp.html?opts=eyJhdHRyaWJ1dGU5MDEiOiI2NjEwIn0=
Please post back on here and I will help you get it set up for your tank - the screen on the tank will determine where the UVB needs to be placed - as well as distanced -- please do this right away your dragon is getting sick --
Okay so I can go to the store and get one of those UVB bulb but what wattage basking bulb and nighttime bulb do I need to get?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Okay so I can go to the store and get one of those UVB bulb but what wattage basking bulb and nighttime bulb do I need to get?
If you have a Pet Smart you can try getting the Arcadia Pro T 5 there -- bring up the link I posted for you and look at it -- if they dont carry it in the store you can opt to order it on line - the other two I posted you will haft to order unless one of the stores carry that 24" fixture - the Sunblaster you would haft to order on line -- around where I live they have a hard time keeping the 24" Arcadia in Pet Smart and I have access to two of them closer to me -- please get your dragon outside for some good UVB -- 15 minutes in direct sunlight sitting on you or place him in a plastic tote NO lid watch him do not leave him - you dont want him getting too hot and predators getting him -- you can do this every day sitting outside longer if you like but the UV will do him really good -- the basking bulbs you can get examples are Flukers basking -- Exo Terra Intense -or Arcadia Halogen --- start w/ a 100 watt and go from there but you must have a digital probe thermometer to get accurate readings --- you dont need a CHE or ceramic heat emitter unless your tank is getting below 65 ambient temp at night --- dragons like it cool and dark -- unless they are sick then it is good to have temps warmer at night like around 80'ish --

shanelee29

Bearded Dragon Egg
If you have a Pet Smart you can try getting the Arcadia Pro T 5 there -- bring up the link I posted for you and look at it -- if they dont carry it in the store you can opt to order it on line - the other two I posted you will haft to order unless one of the stores carry that 24" fixture - the Sunblaster you would haft to order on line -- around where I live they have a hard time keeping the 24" Arcadia in Pet Smart and I have access to two of them closer to me -- please get your dragon outside for some good UVB -- 15 minutes in direct sunlight sitting on you or place him in a plastic tote NO lid watch him do not leave him - you dont want him getting too hot and predators getting him -- you can do this every day sitting outside longer if you like but the UV will do him really good -- the basking bulbs you can get examples are Flukers basking -- Exo Terra Intense -or Arcadia Halogen --- start w/ a 100 watt and go from there but you must have a digital probe thermometer to get accurate readings --- you dont need a CHE or ceramic heat emitter unless your tank is getting below 65 ambient temp at night --- dragons like it cool and dark -- unless they are sick then it is good to have temps warmer at night like around 80'ish --
I'm at the store now and I'm getting the pro t5 uvb kit

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So they don't need a nightlight on at night time?
No --- keeping lights on at night disrupts there sleep --- they like cool and dark -- it metabolizes their system - make sure you are getting the 24 watt 12% bulb

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks for the help she already pooped a little bit, she's glass surfing though but that's probably cause of the new light, I'll take he outside tomorrow on my day off
Ok so lets get it properly placed and distanced for her -- what kind of screen is on the tank ? fine mesh like a screen door or a wide hole type? This is going to determine where it needs to go and distanced

shanelee29

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok so lets get it properly placed and distanced for her -- what kind of screen is on the tank ? fine mesh like a screen door or a wide hole type? This is going to determine where it needs to go and distanced
I'm at work right now 10:30am to 5:30 pm

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I placed it the middle for now until I get off work
Ok so that screen is blocking 30% of the rays -- you want to unobstruct it - either take the screen off -- cut the screen or place it inside the tank - you can hang it w/ these 3M velcro fasteners -- long plastic zip ties-- or picture wire hanger I recommend that one- it needs to be 12-15 inches directly over a piece of basking decor -- let me know how it goes and watch her behavior

shanelee29

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok so that screen is blocking 30% of the rays -- you want to unobstruct it - either take the screen off -- cut the screen or place it inside the tank - you can hang it w/ these 3M velcro fasteners -- long plastic zip ties-- or picture wire hanger I recommend that one- it needs to be 12-15 inches directly over a piece of basking decor -- let me know how it goes and watch her behavior
I will thank you again for the help