• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My beardie not pooping

sunnie_skys

Bearded Dragon Egg
Brought home my beardie a couple weeks ago. He is a one year old leatherback. He hasn't pooped, only wants super worms. Won't eat his dubias and passing on crickets and stopped eating veggies for the most part. His previous owner send me his list and vet info as well. He has strip UVA and bulb for hot spot and uvb. He also has a CHE for night heat since my room is cooler and we sleep with a fan. He is active not lethargic. He needs to poop! I'm getting worried since he hasn't pooped with me yet and hasn't peed since day 2 that I have had him. He also doesn't drink out of a bowl so I spray and dribble over his face. Again...I'm worried.

sunnie_skys

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have accurite digital thermometers. I also have an infrared heat gun. It is 10.0 UVA repti sun. The heat lamp is a zoomed UVB 100w. Temp reads 103. CHE reads 84 on the cool side where he sleeps. UVA is outside, on top of the screen.

As soon as I posted he pooped btw lol. My husband texted me while I was at work to tell me. He also peed with big urates.

sunnie_skys

Bearded Dragon Egg
It is a T8. How would I mount it inside? I have the front opening 40B, screen top from zoomed. It's a 24 in and I see no mounting holes on the light fixture.

sunnie_skys

Bearded Dragon Egg
Will do! Thanks for the advice! Hopefully it will get him eating everything again. He hasn't been eating his salad either. A few of the red bell pepper but no kale. He didn't like the mustard greens either but ate some sweet potato.

JasperMoon

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Brought home my beardie a couple weeks ago. He is a one year old leatherback. He hasn't pooped, only wants super worms. Won't eat his dubias and passing on crickets and stopped eating veggies for the most part. His previous owner send me his list and vet info as well. He has strip UVA and bulb for hot spot and uvb. He also has a CHE for night heat since my room is cooler and we sleep with a fan. He is active not lethargic. He needs to poop! I'm getting worried since he hasn't pooped with me yet and hasn't peed since day 2 that I have had him. He also doesn't drink out of a bowl so I spray and dribble over his face. Again...I'm worried.

Next time he goes a few days without pooping try soaking him in a warm bath. Anytime mine aren't pooping regularly this is what I do, one bath works 90% of the time, sometimes it takes multiple baths but so far I've never had to take them to the vet for not pooping. Water temp needs to be anywhere from 90-100. Mine seem to like 95-97. I use a digital thermometer to check the water temp.

Jilly

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I’m not an expert by any means, but I do have a stubborn beardie. She eats only worms now. She’s a year old and just stopped eating crickets and dubias one day. So, my vet recommended hornworms strongly (they have lots of moisture and no hard shell). Also, with the greens, we found that putting several types of greens along with fruit and green beans and she loves a little herb (basil is favorite). The pooping has been more consistent since we added the hornworms. Good Luck!

Becky O

Bearded Dragon Egg

Becky O

Bearded Dragon Egg
Have you tried giving him a nice warm bath? That could relax him nicely and he might just poop. He is probably just really stressed out right now.

Amy Moran

Bearded Dragon Egg
We have one that doesn't poop unless he's in the bath.

Amy Moran

Bearded Dragon Egg
Can someone tell me how to post on this site? I have a question to ask and I can't figure out how to post it. Even my kids can't figure it out so I know I'm not just being old!

Becky O

Bearded Dragon Egg
Can someone tell me how to post on this site? I have a question to ask and I can't figure out how to post it. Even my kids can't figure it out so I know I'm not just being old!
You just did it, ha ha. It is a bit confusing I agree.

Nero

Juvenile Dragon
Beardie Club
Some beardies go for periods of time without pooping. And here is a more ideal lighting system, 150 watt basking bulb with UVA, and a UVB tube bulb fit for your tank size. You can buy both of these at Petco, or some other pet store.