• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My beardie journey drinks water

Beardielove363

Hatchling Dragon
Hey guys so my beardie journey was sick we took her to the vet and got her better but anyways we were giving her, her dinner and noticed her drinking (gulping like) everything I have read says beardies don't do that any clarification would be appreciated, I will be awaiting your wonderful comments. Thank you in advance.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey guys so my beardie journey was sick we took her to the vet and got her better but anyways we were giving her, her dinner and noticed her drinking (gulping like) everything I have read says beardies don't do that any clarification would be appreciated, I will be awaiting your wonderful comments. Thank you in advance.
If your dragon is gulping she was really thirsty and dehydrated - please do not let her do that -- you need to slow her down by pulling her away -- its possible for her to aspirate and you dont want that -- you can slowly give her water by dropping water on her nose or w/a eye dropper - you can rinse her greens before serving and she will get moisture thru them and also make sure your gut loading the insects she will get moisture from them as well -- is she on any kind of meds now ? If so please keep her hydrated meds will dry them out

Beardielove363

Hatchling Dragon
If your dragon is gulping she was really thirsty and dehydrated - please do not let her do that -- you need to slow her down by pulling her away -- its possible for her to aspirate and you dont want that -- you can slowly give her water by dropping water on her nose or w/a eye dropper - you can rinse her greens before serving and she will get moisture thru them and also make sure your gut loading the insects she will get moisture from them as well -- is she on any kind of meds now ? If so please keep her hydrated meds will dry them out
No shes not on any meds and we have been stopping her but keeping her hydrated.