• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My beardie is on the cool side all the time ?

Odyssey94

Bearded Dragon Egg
Why would she do this ? She eats very little and is always on the cool side she basks when I put her there but not on her own
Any idea why ?
Anything will help

Thank you !

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Why would she do this ? She eats very little and is always on the cool side she basks when I put her there but not on her own
Any idea why ?
Anything will help

Thank you !
Depends on how old your dragon is, how old is your UVB bulb, when was your last fecal test for parasites, if you are in the states its fall this is when they tend to slow down and if old enough may want to brumate..
So we need more info...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Odyssey94

Bearded Dragon Egg
7-8 months old it is fall but her tank is never below 70 I just replaced my UVB bulb it’s a reptisun 10.0 t5 HO bulb 22” and she hada visit with the vet not to long ago. I’m still trying to get a good sample for the test and when she is out of her tank she wanders and acts normal

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Then it is likely either she is just slowing down for the season or she has some parasites..

Odyssey94

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hopefully it’s not parasites but another trip to the vet with a sample we shall go !
Thank you for the response !

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hopefully it’s not parasites but another trip to the vet with a sample we shall go !
Thank you for the response !
You are welcome...I would recommend a fecal to be done 2 times min a year before Fall and Spring as you don't want a dragon to enter into brumation with a parasite load as they will use the reserves that the dragon has stored, making them very weak.