• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My beardie is hooked

Kristeen Haugen

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi everyone.
I have had my beardie for just over a year now. He seems small for his age and a bit thin. He eats his greens (although overly picky) I’m still trying to find the greens that he can eat everyday that are good for him. So because he’s a bit small for his age I think I have been giving him hornworm to fatten him up a bit. Since I have been doing this I noticed he’s now not eating as much, but once I offer him a hornworm he eats it up like he’s staving. I read a post someone had posted and something was said about beardies getting “hooked” on hornworms. I think this is what’s going on with my lil crack head beardie lol. How do I get him to eat again? If I just stop giving him hornworms will he starve himself to the point where it could be dangerous for him or will he eventually eat when he gets hungry enough? I do give him calcium daily and multi vitamins weekly.

Kristeen Haugen

Bearded Dragon Egg
6D4732F5-8B0B-46BE-89C1-1B70A8B068A1.jpeg EFBB3F12-E914-463C-B04D-7C74787CA16D.jpeg 8A3B3CAF-B1A9-44F5-8B95-771460A649C9.jpeg

The red light I only turned on to show you. His tank gets real cold at night. Right now for greens he’s eating bokchoy. But I’m growing him some parsley and mustard greens. He is eating but only maybe 3 or 4 crickets a day and no greens. He seems to have energy cause I let him out of his tank and he is all over the place.