• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

JustADude

Bearded Dragon Egg
Just curious, my bearded dragon had just laid 4 eggs total, and covered them completely.

I took them out and checked them 4/4 were fertile as well and I'm so excited.

However she is roughly 2 years old or more, and under my supervision this is her first ever laying eggs even though she did it like a breeze.

Is only 4 eggs normal ?
Screenshot_20230410_205617_Gallery.jpg

20230410_185206.jpg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Just curious, my bearded dragon had just laid 4 eggs total, and covered them completely.

I took them out and checked them 4/4 were fertile as well and I'm so excited.

However she is roughly 2 years old or more, and under my supervision this is her first ever laying eggs even though she did it like a breeze.

Is only 4 eggs normal ?
View attachment 33707
View attachment 33705
I don't know anything about laying - I am gonna reach out to some one who can help

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I don't know anything about laying - I am gonna reach out to some one who can help
I heard back from her and this is what she has said
That's an unusually small clutch which I've never heard of in my life. Was she mated ? If so hold off on any further mating, she is very thin and will not do well. Her legs are tiny + her sides are very wrinkly. To give you an idea of how many eggs is more common, all of my females averaged about 25 per clutch but some over 30.

Your dragon may have more in her, be careful to watch for signs of lethargy, black beard which might mean there are more eggs and she is too weak or otherwise having trouble laying them. Have a good reptile vet on hand just in case. Feed her well, twice a day if she'll eat and hydrate her , if she drinks during a soak that's good. You can also slowly trickle water on her nose.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sure ! Ask OP. to dig carefully for more eggs in the sand, especially deep in the corners of the lay bin because the can really pack the eggs in there

JustADude

Bearded Dragon Egg
I heard back from her and this is what she has said
That's an unusually small clutch which I've never heard of in my life. Was she mated ? If so hold off on any further mating, she is very thin and will not do well. Her legs are tiny + her sides are very wrinkly. To give you an idea of how many eggs is more common, all of my females averaged about 25 per clutch but some over 30.

Your dragon may have more in her, be careful to watch for signs of lethargy, black beard which might mean there are more eggs and she is too weak or otherwise having trouble laying them. Have a good reptile vet on hand just in case. Feed her well, twice a day if she'll eat and hydrate her , if she drinks during a soak that's good. You can also slowly trickle water on her nose.
Appreciate the reply. She was mated, and I watched the whole process of her laying. At no point did she ever stop eating, even prior to laying her eggs I didn't even think she was pregnant because I almost felt nothing at all in her belly as opposed to other videos you see online. She had 4 eggs and spent another 1 or 2 packing down the dirt. Right now she's a bit tired but she still eat, and has no black beard or signs of stress.

While it might be strange it could just be a possibility that it just happened under totally normal circumstances. She did the entire job with ease and didn't even hesitate, the instance I put the lay box in she immediately got to work. I wonder if it has anything to do with the male being 10 years old, or just her only having 4 eggs.