• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Balthazar! Help ID his type? ^-^

Cayla_hobbes

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello!
I'm Cayla & this is my handsome baby Balthazar the Dude! He's 6 years old, and was adopted by me im February. I was told he was a translucent, but today was told translucent usually have jet black eyes. Down the rabbit hole I went. I think he could possibly be half, but he has beautiful pupiled eyes. I'm fairly certain he's a leatherback but not a dunner because he has downward, symmetrical scales and spikes. Any knowledge or specualtion is welcome!
Hehe we take a lot if car rides, the pic with me & him was after he jumped up on my arm to look out the window ^-^
He's the second dragon I've had the pleasure of owning. :)
Have a great day and thank you for any input!
20201013_134927.jpg

20201010_152050.jpg
USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1600805091989_6714263200550480057.jpeg
20201003_172742.jpg

CaHarding

Juvenile Dragon
Hello!
I'm Cayla & this is my handsome baby Balthazar the Dude! He's 6 years old, and was adopted by me im February. I was told he was a translucent, but today was told translucent usually have jet black eyes. Down the rabbit hole I went. I think he could possibly be half, but he has beautiful pupiled eyes. I'm fairly certain he's a leatherback but not a dunner because he has downward, symmetrical scales and spikes. Any knowledge or specualtion is welcome!
Hehe we take a lot if car rides, the pic with me & him was after he jumped up on my arm to look out the window ^-^
View attachment 23980
View attachment 23978View attachment 23979View attachment 23981
Hi Cayla! I cannot help you. But wanted to say he is such a cutie! What a beautiful dragon.

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hello!
View attachment 23980
What a stunning beardie! His colors are amazing. :) Wish I could help, but I'm still clueless as to types.

Smithy

Hatchling Dragon
Hello!
View attachment 23980
What a magnificent specimen!!! He appears to be a hybrid of some type, I think this because of his spectacular colouring. I would say he is a Central Australian Dragon with some Northern Tropical Dragon because of his size. Tropical and Central Australiaan Dragons grow much larger than the Southern ones. And Dragons from wooded areas in 5he Tropical areas have varied colours and markings. As they can vary their colours and shades to camouflage in their Environment, and this usually being a wooden log or red sand, are usually shades of brown grey yellow and black. Very unusual colours on your magnificent Beardy.
I wonder if a D.N.A. test is affordable. This would definitely help you to determine what specific species he has in his make-up. Mine are Western Australian Dwarf Bearded Dragons. Just to give you some idea as to how diverse the Pogona Dragons are.
20201109_171933.jpg

Hello!
View attachment 23980
Hes gotta be a Tropical Northern Australian Dragon 4 sure. With those excellent colours and markings. Most Australian Dragon species are shades of brown, grey, yellow, black and red sometime. Varying shades depending on their Environment as they can slightly camouflage.
I must say you have a truly spectacular looking Bearded Dragon. From his size I think that he's from the NE coastal Plains or rainforest area of Northern Queensland. Where as most Bearded Dragons in sandy or Desert areas are shades of Red yellow and orange, again to blend in with the surrounding environment. I attached a picture of my Dragons to show how diverse the species is. Mine are Dwarf Pogona Minor Bearded Dragons. And a Western Australian Barbata Dragon. This would make their son a hybrid. As this happens in the wild where sub species cross over. They get much larger in the Central Australian Desert regions and in the Eastern States. The ones in tropical North reminded me of your mate Balthazar. Such a magnificent specimen you have there.
I wonder if possible to get a D.N.A. test to confirm what specific species he is.

Attachments

• 20201121_101807.jpg
    20201121_101807.jpg
    426.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 20201111_172128.jpg
    20201111_172128.jpg
    381.2 KB · Views: 3

Cayla_hobbes

Bearded Dragon Egg
What a magnificent specimen!!! He appears to be a hybrid of some type, I think this because of his spectacular colouring. I would say he is a Central Australian Dragon with some Northern Tropical Dragon because of his size. Tropical and Central Australiaan Dragons grow much larger than the Southern ones. And Dragons from wooded areas in 5he Tropical areas have varied colours and markings. As they can vary their colours and shades to camouflage in their Environment, and this usually being a wooden log or red sand, are usually shades of brown grey yellow and black. Very unusual colours on your magnificent Beardy.
I wonder if a D.N.A. test is affordable. This would definitely help you to determine what specific species he has in his make-up. Mine are Western Australian Dwarf Bearded Dragons. Just to give you some idea as to how diverse the Pogona Dragons are.View attachment 24439

Hes gotta be a Tropical Northern Australian Dragon 4 sure. With those excellent colours and markings. Most Australian Dragon species are shades of brown, grey, yellow, black and red sometime. Varying shades depending on their Environment as they can slightly camouflage.
I must say you have a truly spectacular looking Bearded Dragon. From his size I think that he's from the NE coastal Plains or rainforest area of Northern Queensland. Where as most Bearded Dragons in sandy or Desert areas are shades of Red yellow and orange, again to blend in with the surrounding environment. I attached a picture of my Dragons to show how diverse the species is. Mine are Dwarf Pogona Minor Bearded Dragons. And a Western Australian Barbata Dragon. This would make their son a hybrid. As this happens in the wild where sub species cross over. They get much larger in the Central Australian Desert regions and in the Eastern States. The ones in tropical North reminded me of your mate Balthazar. Such a magnificent specimen you have there.
I wonder if possible to get a D.N.A. test to confirm what specific species he is.
Beautiful!!!! Thank you!♡ I'm not sure a DNA test is necessary, I'm simply curious. :) thank you so much for your info and sharing the pix of your lovely babies! :)