• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My baby beardie has watery poop.

Kristeen Haugen

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi everyone,
This is my first time having a baby beardie so I’m not exactly sure if this is normal.
I noticed today that my beardie pooped in his food dish and almond with the normal white and brown, there was also a clear liquid all around it. He doesn’t seem to have anything wrong. He’s active, eating great (both crickets and veggies) now I did try a new veggie to give him a variety, Watercress, and he seems to love it. If anyone knows what this could be and if it’s normal I would appreciate some feed back.
Thanks in advance

Kristeen Haugen

Bearded Dragon Egg
Here is a picture of what it looks like. I should also add that it’s his second poop of the day which he has never done before.

Attachments

• 7103B2CB-47E3-4FC5-B996-6422C3C4D9CB.jpeg
    7103B2CB-47E3-4FC5-B996-6422C3C4D9CB.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 42

baldegale14

Juvenile Dragon
my beardie had this problem aswell when he was younger, i was told not to worry about it or that it could be worms so people are going to recommend to keep an eye on it and if it persists/gets worse to go to the vet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baldegale14

Juvenile Dragon
This was the first time and he seems fine. Still eating and active. Thank you for the advice and I will keep an eye on it.
no problem! i know what boat your in. when you’re inexperienced every little thing scares you, i was like that for about 6 months. its like a parental instinct!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Looks to be just really hydrated, keep an eye on it and don't forget once your little one gets settled set up a vet check with a fecal test..

Kristeen Haugen

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ya I got that all taken care of. Before I got him I called my vet ( I also have 2 large dogs) to make sure she does exotics and she does. So once he gets a bit bigger and can handle being away from the heat longer I’m going to get him checked out.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
The water around it just means he’s well hydrated. Keep an eye on the mushy brown part though, if it continues to look like that, you should have it tested for parasites.