• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Moving Cross Country with my Beardie!

lilcalciii

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi everyone!
I’m planning on making a big move from California to New York this coming Winter for a new job. Unfortunately, my employment is immediate and requires me to move as soon as possible, which means I’m unable to make the cross country drive. My beardie, Calcifer, is now 4 years old and I will take him wherever I go. He is registered as an ESA, but I’m not sure what travel restrictions are for beardies- as far as I’m aware, I will not be allowed to take him with me in the cabin, but he’d be allowed in cargo, which I am completely against. This entire situation has been stressing me out. Does anyone have any suggestions and experiences on ways I can ship him, or any alternate airlines I may be unaware of that may allow me to take him in the cabin with me? I can’t imagine making this move without my best friend, so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks for all of your help in advance! :)

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi everyone!
I’m planning on making a big move from California to New York this coming Winter for a new job. Unfortunately, my employment is immediate and requires me to move as soon as possible, which means I’m unable to make the cross country drive. My beardie, Calcifer, is now 4 years old and I will take him wherever I go. He is registered as an ESA, but I’m not sure what travel restrictions are for beardies- as far as I’m aware, I will not be allowed to take him with me in the cabin, but he’d be allowed in cargo, which I am completely against. This entire situation has been stressing me out. Does anyone have any suggestions and experiences on ways I can ship him, or any alternate airlines I may be unaware of that may allow me to take him in the cabin with me? I can’t imagine making this move without my best friend, so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks for all of your help in advance! :)
I know some one who can help on this let me reach out to them and get back w/ you

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi everyone!
Here is what my response was and I would really be leary of sending anything a live today w/ all the delays in mail systems now --- things are only going to get worse so take heed in doing this but I think your best bet is to do overnight --- that would probably be the safest

It’s too bad he can’t drive and take the dragon with. Road trips with them can be fun. The best bet is probably to contact shipyourreptiles and arrange overnight shipping with them. Using UPS if possible might be a good idea lately, since Ive seen several delays with even overnight shipping with Fedex recently.

Mummabeardy

Juvenile Dragon
Hi if he's registered like you said as an emotional support animal, that permits animals to ride with you on planes. As long as you present proof of this to airlines shouldn't be a problem! :) good luck and pls let us know how you make out!!