• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

more salad?

averyhanna_

Bearded Dragon Veteran
F4A52E3B-D985-4F35-B3AC-F4B6940BCA7C.jpeg

this is oliver. i’m assuming he’s about 7 months. i attached a picture so someone can correct me if it’s wrong! he’s still eating mostly bugs but loves blueberries on their own and will eat collard greens and other veggies if they’re moving. when should i start switching his diet to more veg? and how should i go about it?

N W

Juvenile Dragon
I'm still pretty new so I can't give much advice, but over at beardeddragon.org there is more traffic so you might have better luck. That's where I mainly hang out - I have learned a lot there! ;)

Sosemisa

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
View attachment 22389

this is oliver. i’m assuming he’s about 7 months. i attached a picture so someone can correct me if it’s wrong! he’s still eating mostly bugs but loves blueberries on their own and will eat collard greens and other veggies if they’re moving. when should i start switching his diet to more veg? and how should i go about it?
I would start switching to more veggies now! They start at around 6 months of age earliest when they eat more veggies. I would keep a schedule when you feed him crickets and when you feed him veggies and when you feed him fruits. If you need anymore help ask!

StinkyLizrd

Bearded Dragon Egg
Oliver is young so focus on mainly feeding him insects. 70% insects / 30% Greens/Veggies/Fruits for Juveniles and vise versa for Adults. Do get him used to veggies so it’ll be easier for you to feed him down the road. Most fruits they can eat but give him fruits every now and then. They’re like treats for Beardies. For insects, Mealworms are okay but I do recommend Dubia as they’re a better staple. They need that protein so they can grow big and strong. Obvi don’t forget the Multivitamin and Calcium!

averyhanna_

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Oliver is young so focus on mainly feeding him insects. 70% insects / 30% Greens/Veggies/Fruits for Juveniles and vise versa for Adults. Do get him used to veggies so it’ll be easier for you to feed him down the road. Most fruits they can eat but give him fruits every now and then. They’re like treats for Beardies. For insects, Mealworms are okay but I do recommend Dubia as they’re a better staple. They need that protein so they can grow big and strong. Obvi don’t forget the Multivitamin and Calcium!
i feel like i’m lucky because oliver likes his collards and bell peppers! he’ll tolerate squash and some other veg if i hans feed it! but he definitely loves insects more! someone told me he looks closer to 5 months haha so sticking to mainly protein rn