• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

mopani wood

jessica1919

Hatchling Dragon
I orderd a large piece of mopani wood to use for my bearded dragon a better basking spot and for climbing..I wanted to ask if i should bake it or soak it before adding it to his home? Thanks

baldegale14

Juvenile Dragon
I orderd a large piece of mopani wood to use for my bearded dragon a better basking spot and for climbing..I wanted to ask if i should bake it or soak it before adding it to his home? Thanks
sorry for not answering sooner, i thought i did. but it depends on where you get it from. some places make sure its organic with no cleaners or anything used etc others not. i would take a brush and scrub it down then bake it at 200° for 30 minutes just to be safe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I just rinse it real good with real hot water and let it dry.

jessica1919

Hatchling Dragon
Did you get a nice piece????
I thinks its beautiful..Trying to decide how to place it..I don't want it falling if i prop it in the tank..Its rather heavy..It about 7 inches high if laid flat ..any suggestions Patsy?

baldegale14

Juvenile Dragon
I thinks its beautiful..Trying to decide how to place it..I don't want it falling if i prop it in the tank..Its rather heavy..It about 7 inches high if laid flat ..any suggestions Patsy?
the first thing that came to mind for me is hot glue it to the side that you’re leaning it on to give some extra support

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Got a picture of it? It is heavy but sturdy, good for jumpers and climbers.

jessica1919

Hatchling Dragon
Got a picture of it? It is heavy but sturdy, good for jumpers and climbers.
100_2882.JPG
100_2883.JPG

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
WOW that is amazing!!! very jealous!! It looks great either way...can you prop it up in a corner? or use bricks to help support it?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
So sorry, life got away from me :( That piece is beautiful. How did you end up using it?

jessica1919

Hatchling Dragon
So sorry, life got away from me :( That piece is beautiful. How did you end up using it?
I totally understand...I haven't decided yet..Its not tall enough for a basking spot if i lay it down and i am nervous about leaning it..It a very pretty piece so i will try and figure something out..He loves the paver stones i am currently using but i was worried about them being so heavy in a glass enclosure but i do see others using those..My hubby wants to build him a basking spot like the one with the little ramp..Decisions decisions LOL...I would love to see your setups as well...Spike is going through a shed right now so i thought i would hold off making any big changes too..Thanks Patsy

Attachments

• 5ce53907d7243eee1c89a8752985669b.jpg
    5ce53907d7243eee1c89a8752985669b.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 62

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
49FB6520-CFA1-48EE-BF9D-1132ACEB77A4.jpeg
All three of my tanks are set up the same. My dragons are older so I don’t want them
Climbing too much so there basking areas are closer to the floor.

jessica1919

Hatchling Dragon
I love your set up..The little santa's are adorable..I am curious as to what the machine is for? I have the same habba hut..I love those..What do you have on the floor? Sorry if i sound to nosey but i really really like how you have yours..Thanks Patsy for sending this..

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I love your set up..The little santa's are adorable..I am curious as to what the machine is for? I have the same habba hut..I love those..What do you have on the floor? Sorry if i sound to nosey but i really really like how you have yours..Thanks Patsy for sending this..

The white machine at the front of the picture is the dehumidifier. I don’t currently have it running but I use it in the summer. At the back of the picture, the little black thing, is my video camera so I can peek in during the day. The floor is non adhesive shelf liner. I got the Santa’s at the grocery store, they light up! Everyone has to decorate for Christmas!

baldegale14

Juvenile Dragon
The white machine at the front of the picture is the dehumidifier. I don’t currently have it running but I use it in the summer. At the back of the picture, the little black thing, is my video camera so I can peek in during the day. The floor is non adhesive shelf liner. I got the Santa’s at the grocery store, they light up! Everyone has to decorate for Christmas!

how well does the dehumidifier work for pin point area? cause i dont want it to dehumidify my whole room considering i have a high humidity tortoise aswell

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
how well does the dehumidifier work for pin point area? cause i dont want it to dehumidify my whole room considering i have a high humidity tortoise aswell

It’s small so it keeps the humidity around the dragons down but on the other side of the room we need to use something else to keep the humidity down.