• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Modge Podge, Polycrylic, or polyurethane

Zane kiser

Bearded Dragon Egg
ok guys, I have done tons of research, tons of searching.
I have found post use modge Podge for sealing grout, but then a lot of people say it’s not meant to hold up to water.. so it’s not the easiest to clean..
Some of what I’ve found says use Polycrylic, which is great.
But, almost none of what I’ve found says polyurethane. They say on the wood sure but why not the grout as well? It’s stronger than Polycrylic and modge Podge.
has anyone used polyurethane on grout? Thoughts? Yes no?

Janelle

Juvenile Dragon
Why not use aquarium grout? It should be safe for the beardie and water-proof. You could apply it after doing the poly on the wood.

Janelle

Juvenile Dragon
Oh! First, are you talking "grout" or "caulk?" I'm assuming caulk. In that case, if it's paintable, the poly should stick to the paint. I know paintable caulks have nasty chemicals in them. I'm assuming paint and poly would seal those in.
Or are you meaning grout, like between tiles?

Janelle

Juvenile Dragon
Oh! I’m sorry. I’m thinking about caulking the corners. My brain’s shut off for the day. I’ll just shut up now.