• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Minced/chopped veggies

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hello, say I were to feed my dragon,for example, asparagus, should it be chopped, minced or neither?
Again if I were to feed her veggies such as asparagus should the asparagus be placed in a bowl, plate, or atop substrate?thanks much

averyhanna_

Bearded Dragon Veteran
asparagus is technically safe for your bearded dragon, but it shouldn’t be a staple part of their diet. read more in this article

but for all veg in their diet, make sure that it isn’t any bigger that the space between their eyes. putting it on a small plate or shallow bowl would be good :)

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I agree with Avery Hanna asparagus should not be a main part of their diet. You might end up having some difficulties with trying to get your dragon to eat it because it is so crunchy too.