• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Meet Rami!

Javier

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
So we made it through our first night, and I couldn't sleep with the anxiety of my timer actually working, and of course it didn't... so have to figure that out for sure tomorrow as I'll be out of the house before lights turn on.

I gave him two small discoid roaches yesterday. (Dubias are apparently illegal here in Florida....) He had a nice big poop and a smaller one this morning. He ate about 4 or 5 good sized waxworms, and like one or two small crickets. I figured he would eat more. I left him some kale in his bowl, but he hasn't paid it any mind.

Should I expect this behavior from him, as far as not eating because it's a new environment, etc?
20170916_193430.jpg
IMG-20170916-WA0004.jpg
20170916_193430.jpg IMG-20170916-WA0004.jpg

Javier

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
A few more

Attachments

• IMG-20170917-WA0032.jpg
    IMG-20170917-WA0032.jpg
    379.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG-20170917-WA0017.jpg
    IMG-20170917-WA0017.jpg
    335.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG-20170917-WA0019.jpg
    IMG-20170917-WA0019.jpg
    384.9 KB · Views: 14

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Rami is a cutie! They can go thru what we call relocation stress that they don't eat well for anywhere from a few days to a week or so...But they won't starve themselves. I wouldn't be concerned on the not eating greens as babies they will eat more protein for their rapid growth but continue to offer greens daily.. I would mix up the greens Kale isn't a staple green but is ok as long as it's combined with the other staple greens like collard, turnip, dandelion, mustard greens..

Javier

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Rami is a cutie! They can go thru what we call relocation stress that they don't eat well for anywhere from a few days to a week or so...But they won't starve themselves. I wouldn't be concerned on the not eating greens as babies they will eat more protein for their rapid growth but continue to offer greens daily.. I would mix up the greens Kale isn't a staple green but is ok as long as it's combined with the other staple greens like collard, turnip, dandelion, mustard greens..
Thank you for always calming me! [emoji2] [emoji3] [emoji4]

He is shedding like crazy and eating it sometimes.... Is there anything I should do for him? Baths, soaks?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you for always calming me! [emoji2] [emoji3] [emoji4]

He is shedding like crazy and eating it sometimes.... Is there anything I should do for him? Baths, soaks?

No worries... Don't worry about the eating of his shed that's not uncommon many dragon's do...not really sure what they get from it, however in the wild critters are known to eat their own shed as a way to hide their whereabouts..
While they are shedding you can increase how often you bathe them and use a soft toothbrush to help loosen things but don't pull off any shed as you can damage the scales underneath..

Side note: watch how often you feed waxworms :) as they are known as dragon crack and they will hold out for them.. and waxworms are high in fat.

Javier

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Ooooh boy so he's already spoiled! He ate a few more crickets, but def enjoys those worms more. I really want to get my hand on roaches. I haye crickets, hate worrying if they're going to bite the poor guy. And they just freak me out [emoji21].

How often should he be getting bathed? He's apparently 2 months old, I thoight he's be much bigger. He was born July 15th.

bluedragonark

Hatchling Dragon
Your dragons are so cute! And I totally understand the relocation stress thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Javier

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Your dragons are so cute! And I totally understand the relocation stress thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh there's only one! The pic with two is photoshopped [emoji28]

But thank you!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Very cute! Yes, just going through some relocation stress. Should settle in no time! You can give baths a couple times of week if the shed is real bad and he's having problems getting it off. Usually just once a week or once every couple weeks is good.

Javier

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Ramram was so hyper last night when I took him out of his tank before bed. He wouldn't sit still at all, then he gave up stretched his legs and cuddled my hand. I think I'm in love.
f02caa8d2a2e961ac51b3c72a4bbb3c2.jpg
c9e797047d142c206de9f1db5be680cb.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
lol super cute yea these little ones are just adorable!!! That is how my little Cooper is right now he fights falling asleep then wham out right where ever he is.. lol This poor growing up being a tiny dragon is hard work..

Javier

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
lol super cute yea these little ones are just adorable!!! That is how my little Cooper is right now he fights falling asleep then wham out right where ever he is.. lol This poor growing up being a tiny dragon is hard work..
What killed me wasn't even that he fell asleep. It was that he wiggled side to side quickly to get comfortable and then bam the back legs give out!

Javier

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Very cute! Yes, just going through some relocation stress. Should settle in no time! You can give baths a couple times of week if the shed is real bad and he's having problems getting it off. Usually just once a week or once every couple weeks is good.
Thank you!! I don't know how I missed this one!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What killed me wasn't even that he fell asleep. It was that he wiggled side to side quickly to get comfortable and then bam the back legs give out!

well that's the dragon butt wiggle that you got there..

Javier

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
well that's the dragon butt wiggle that you got there..
I thought it was only my boxers who did that! It's too cute that this little guy does too [emoji177]

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I thought it was only my boxers who did that! It's too cute that this little guy does too [emoji177]

I had a boxer/lab and he did the best kidney bean lol