• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Meet Nugget

NuggettsMaMa

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi Everyone !

This is Nugget:) .. He is about 4 years old (I'm told) and is the newest addition to my little family! Nugget was originally owned by a young family member who sadly lost interest and ended up neglecting him. For a few months he was without proper lighting, minimal food & was housed in a small 20gallon tank. Since I've brought him home he has been thriving with a few adjustments !! This is my first experience with any reptile, So I'll be full of questions. Nugget & I really appreciate any and all advice to help us sift through all the conflicting info !

This photo was taken a week after we brought him home ! His first few days were pretty rough, he was nearly all black and VERY lethargic. Some adequate lighting, food & a sperm plug dislodging & hes happy and active :)

upload_2019-12-15_21-24-56.png

NuggettsMaMa

Bearded Dragon Egg
Welcome and glad you rescued him -- what light is he sitting under in this picture---? Can you tell me what your using for lighting and what the basking temps are running in the tank please--- UVB brand and bulb please

This is the enclosure he came in (24x12x12). I have recently got a new 36x18x18 tank with new lighting on its way (I just posted a thread in the enclosure section if you want to have a look at that and give me some advice:)

But to answer your question here, he has a 75W basking light with a 100wUVB spiral bulb. I have a new 100w ZooMed Basking light, as well as a 100w CHE for nighttime. I have not settled on a new UVB set up yet, which is what brought me to this forum !