• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Meet Alex

ElenapandAlex

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello
This is my baby Alex. He is 4 month old. Suddenly he decided that he doesn’t want to be busking anymore and keep going to a cool area of his tank. Or just flat hiding under a tree in his tank. I keep checking him often and keep moving him back to hot area 105-115 degrees) . And bit later he is back to cool side (75 degrees). Many times when I pick him up he would be so cold. I worried. Why he suddenly started to do that and is that normal?

Attachments

• 4CB13F00-33F3-4446-AFC2-D0B76B2CE7A4.jpeg
    4CB13F00-33F3-4446-AFC2-D0B76B2CE7A4.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 18
  • 06C749C5-0951-4DF8-84B0-E91F57B30D9A.jpeg
    06C749C5-0951-4DF8-84B0-E91F57B30D9A.jpeg
    692.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 6AF2F1D0-9534-4282-A1C4-05E6B01CF560.jpeg
    6AF2F1D0-9534-4282-A1C4-05E6B01CF560.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 17

Broly

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hello
This is my baby Alex. He is 4 month old. Suddenly he decided that he doesn’t want to be busking anymore and keep going to a cool area of his tank. Or just flat hiding under a tree in his tank. I keep checking him often and keep moving him back to hot area 105-115 degrees) . And bit later he is back to cool side (75 degrees). Many times when I pick him up he would be so cold. I worried. Why he suddenly started to do that and is that normal?
Hey, please provide further info about your enclosure. What size is your vivarium? What UVB do you have? Is he eating and pooping/weeing? Your basking area may be a little hot, and your cool area may be a little cold. Please update more info :)

ElenapandAlex

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey, please provide further info about your enclosure. What size is your vivarium? What UVB do you have? Is he eating and pooping/weeing? Your basking area may be a little hot, and your cool area may be a little cold. Please update more info :)
He is eating and pooping/weeing fine.
twice a day
He has dubia as his main source plus some meal worms and one to two super worm a day as a treat
The lights we use are: basking 150 watt and temp stays where he lays down between 105 and 115. Just right now I looked and it’s 107.4
And UVB 10.0 uvb F1578/rept
He didn’t act like that before and the only things that changed is the picture behind his back glass. I recently added it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 16

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
He is eating and pooping/weeing fine.
twice a day
He has dubia as his main source plus some meal worms and one to two super worm a day as a treat
The lights we use are: basking 150 watt and temp stays where he lays down between 105 and 115. Just right now I looked and it’s 107.4
And UVB 10.0 uvb F1578/rept
He didn’t act like that before and the only things that changed is the picture behind his back glass. I recently added it
Avoid feeding mealworms and superworms to babies. Mealworms are a recipe for obesity and digestive problems and should only be offered as treats to healthy adults. Superworms are high in phosphorus and addictive, and many beardies who get them too often will go off their staple and only eat superworms.

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
But it doesn’t explain why he started to stay in a cold area so much and getting really cold
Sometimes sick or brumating beardies will stay in the cool side of their tank constantly, so keep an eye on him and his weight. If he's still eating normally it's probably not full brumation.

Broly

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I’m sure he won’t be brumating at 4 months old. He may not be able to find an ideal temp spot on the basking area he has, maybe it’s a little too hot on the top or he doesn’t want to climb to bask. There could be a few reasons. I’ve noticed your UVB is relatively small/short in comparison to the length of the tank. This could potentially prevent him basking. Here is a site with a little bit more info > https://www.lizards101.com/why-is-my-bearded-dragon-not-basking/
Sorry I personally can’t offer much more help! Keep us posted x