• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Maya's been diagnosed with Giardia

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I've noticed a change and took Maya to a new vet because the one I use doesn't treat reptiles anymore. So switching to what I thought was a good vet. Instead, he said, "Oh. You may be too late." But he prescribed Maya Albon in the meantime and we're waiting on Ponzurial that's being shipped from a pharmacy in Arizona. I went out and got baby food squash, green beans, unflavored pedialyte, and soy yogurt from him, and fresh greens. I put on the baby food squash on the greens and began to eat them.
He had his first dose of Albon today.
I will, in the meantime, be finding a new vet that won't be such a butthole and make us worried and upset. I've been sick with a stomach bug so all day long, I could do nothing for Maya. I was enduring severe abdominal cramps and kept telling Mom, I can't get off the couch. (The virus put me down on my butt and my back is still killing me from throwing up the previous day.)