• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mating Bearded Dragons

Forrest T.

Hatchling Dragon
I have a female Bearded Dragon (Pogona), whose age is unknown. I do know that she has not fully matured, though. I also have a male Beardie (Mulder), whom is around two years old. Whilst Mulder and Pogona were roaming around on my bedroom floor, Mulder began (I was not aware of this at the time, and they are not aggressive towards each other) to mate with Pogona. This mating session only lasted around one minute, and this was their only session. Just to clarify, this happened very quickly, as there was no mating dance or aggressive behavior prior to the actual mating session. I am wondering if Pogona could be potentially gravid, and if I should begin giving her calcium and vitamins everyday.

Thank you
Forrest

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
If they locked up , yes you need to take all the precautions you can, eggs can develop in 4-6 weeks. A little extra calcium wont hurt, but dont go to crazy. If the calcium isn’t being utilized you’ll notice her urate change color and possibly texture.